Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

The Patriot Woodworkers with Operation Ward 57 Adopt a Wounded Warrior Family for the Holidays - 2019 project is live, please click on link to view our very special annual project.

Rate this topic

There are quite a few folks who have written router books. Carol Reed, Bill Hylton, Lonnie Bird, and others  of which I'm unaware. At one time Reed was selling gizmos that she developed and described in her book, much like Pat warner. I'm not sure if the others did that, but I'm guessing they didn't. The old router show from Canada (Router Workshop) with Bob Rosendahl used to sell the attachments as well. I suspect that most of the stuff they sold could be fairly easily copied by a DIY type....so I'm not sure it was as successful as they wanted. Most of those books are still available, but I doubt the accessories are available other than from the router bit suppliers (Infinity, MLCS, Woodhaven, etc.).

Edited by Fred W. Hargis Jr

He was a regular (sort of) over at Woodnet, and he frequented the Wood forum when it was alive. The only advice I ever heard him give that I questioned was his disdain of using spiral bits for mortising. He would mention the "vector forces" as making it a dangerous cut.

I had a problem with the router plate on a Bosch router with a Omnijig. If spun the router just a small amount the dovetails wouldn't close correctly. Contacted Pat, ordered, received and had the router plate before I got around to sending the payment...

That makes us friends till the end.....

89f43c81-b4a7-4cb3-a048-701a8bc49524.jpg

Edited by BillyJack