Yogi Tea

John Morris

In my quest over the last few months to get healthy, and focus on what goes into my body, in an effort to bring my blood levels under control and do my part, I have learned a lot. And I have drastically changed my habits regarding what goes into my body. I have turned into somewhat of a purist and I think we are making headway into getting my health under control.

During my quest we found a tea brand that is really nice and good. This tea really works, I have had many teas in my life that claim to do this and that, but this Yogi brand is really quality tea. They of course have products for many moods and reasons, I use the Stress Relief and the Bed Time.

Doc tried to put me on anxiety meds, and sleep meds, I am already on Prednison, and two other nasty ones that I must have, I figured if I can replace the anxiety and sleep meds with natural products, my body would like me for it. And it has. Long story short, and there may be no relation, but my blood levels are getting better and more stable, I eat completely healthy now, no take out, only whole foods, nothing processed, I only drink water and juice and tea, no coffee, no sodas, no alcohol, never an issue since I stopped drinking alcohol years and years ago anyway, but that's one less thing I have to be concerned about.

So my blood labs are coming back strong these days, and I haven't missed work in a month. Missing work is what stresses me out, my blood levels I figure will take care of themselves, it's the missing work part that I really get peeved about. But now that I have had a solid month without hospitalization, and full employment, I feel good to go, and I think I can also attribute some of if not a bunch of it, to changing what goes into my body.

So folks, I highly recommend this tea, it's good stuff, specially the sleepy tea. I don't think I'll ever go back to my sodas and coffee, I am off of them now and there is no reason to start back up even if and when I do get completely healthy.

Also a wonderful by-product of my health craze, is my family is following along and liking it too.

Just thought I'd share my tea story with ya'll, and perhaps if anyone here is a tea toddler like I, you may like this brand.

Cheers!

https://yogiproducts.com/

YT-US-CAR-HoneyLavenderStressRelief-C23-

Well I’m no hypocrite, so I must report that I just finished a bottle of mead. And I LIKED it. Also made some changes this year, my issues weren’t anything close to as serious as John’s. I no longer need to take blood pressure medications, and I’m no longer a candidate for diabetes, and my cholesterol levels are at the absolute worst they can be, and still be in the acceptable range. Good for you John, and congratulations. I’m in your corner :)  

57 minutes ago, LarryS said:

Glad to hear that your feeling alot better John!!!!

Keep up the good work on taking care of yourself!!!

Thanks Larry, it's a lifestyle change for sure, I just got too much to do, too many things to teach my kids still, and I gotta show my wife a great time in retirement when that time comes, I gotta stick around man! :) And so I will!

I was drawn to your comment about the stress being related to work. When I had a day job, I had the stress that goes with it. Right after retiring all was good for a while. Then my wife's health declined somewhat to the point where I do everything in the house. So the house cleaning, dinner prep, driving her (or the dog) to their many appointments, and numerous other tasks was added to the other things that I traditionally try to track and handle. That has actually put more stress on me than my job did. Especially dinner; I'm not a picky eater so my wife could pretty much fix what she wanted to eat and I would just tag along. Now I find I have to think through what Marie would want and try to come up with a recipe for that. None of this is complaining...just a reminder that stress can reappear in ways you don't want or expect.  I'm just playing the hand I was dealt and have no problems with the way things worked out, it's just life.

50 minutes ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

I was drawn to your comment about the stress being related to work.

Or in my case not working! :lol: But as stated, that's a thing of the past now. I love my day job and thank God for it every morning I set foot on floor from my bed to get up and go do it, I couldn't ask for a better job, outdoors, healthy, land surveyor, building roads and bridges and massive water ways and canals, and when we are not doing that, we are walking around in the mountains and outback looking for public lands corners and boundary retracement, I am a very lucky man the way my life transpired. Many folks get caught up in a day to day grind doing something they are not very happy about. Not me. :) 

Fred, it escapes me often that you have a full day mostly all the time with your caregiver status, I know you don't talk about it much, but when you do, I thank you for that. Your day gives some of us a healthy perspective on things, thanks again.

Archived