Which Benchtop Planer ??

Doing some research for a good benchtop wood planer,...dewalt has some of the better reviews but it seems I found one with higher marks about 6 months ago but don't remember what it was. Anyway,...you patriots feel free to chime in here and give your 2cents. All opinions welcome,..budget is up to the $600 mark,...could go a bit more if I was convinced the quality was there. Thanks,..your local bone and antler nut - Aaron 

There is always the used market, but if you look at the big box stores, check on the discontinued section.  On the Lowe's website, there is a button across the ribbon that says discontinued.  Take a browse, you may just find what you are looking for at a really discounted price.  

I have been using a Dewalt for 20 years. They didn't have the 735 back then and now the 735X being a two speed  And the Dewalts has 3 blades at less than 600.00 at Home Depot todays price which would be no freight if you are close . And a vet gets 10% off of that.

Never heard of Cuteck and a review could be written up be anyone from their own company??? 

Also if you buy from a company and something goes wrong it would be easier to deal with them than maybe having to send it back to where ever that might be which could also be at your expense? So why chance an unknown. Lots of guys here use the Dewalt. The two speed could be worth it. Mine don't have it and wish it did!

24 minutes ago, Smallpatch said:

I have been using a Dewalt for 20 years. They didn't have the 735 back then and now the 735X being a two speed  And the Dewalts has 3 blades at less than 600.00 at Home Depot todays price which would be no freight if you are close . And a vet gets 10% off of that.

Never heard of Cuteck and a review could be written up be anyone from their own company??? 

Also if you buy from a company and something goes wrong it would be easier to deal with them than maybe having to send it back to where ever that might be which could also be at your expense? So why chance an unknown. Lots of guys here use the Dewalt. The two speed could be worth it. Mine don't have it and wish it did!

I agree... I'd  be focused on the planer first then the planer head. Often people get caught in the glitter and not the tool....

28 minutes ago, BillyJack said:

Not trying to persuade you into buying something totally different from a lunch box but a different option. If you check around you can often find these better made machines for the same or less than you want to spend.  Long term there much better..

image_81868.jpg

image_81864.jpg

I am open to all opinions and viewpoints here. I am not opposed to more of a vintage but better made machine,...when it comes down to purchase time here in about 2 weeks I'll spend some time looking. You just never know what you will run into so I threw out some new stock for samples of what I was thinking about. I appreciate the feedback. -Aaron 

22 hours ago, BillyJack said:

If you check around you can often find these better made machines for the same or less than you want to spend.  Long term there much better.

Had a Delta DC-33 also, I made a dust hood for it made of sheet metal to hook the dust collector to. 

DeltaDC33HoodIns.JPG

DeltaDC33Si.JPG

Edited by CharlieL