John Morris

Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! October 15, 2019

Rate this topic

Lew, I am going to steal your idea about how to store bandsaw blades.  Incredible idea.  

Little done over the weekend.  The city replaced the sidewalk in front of our house.  The landscaping afterward was rather juvenile, so most of that is repaired and leveled.  Contracted for a concrete driveway.  No permits!  Did you get that?  No permits required to cut down the curb and pour a concrete driveway.  It's a long sorted story so we won't go there.  

Monday, busy day.  Dermatologist first thing in the morning, a little liquid nitrogen on the back of my hands, top of my head and both of my ears.  Declared that I have some serious precancer on those spots.  After the doctor, went to the bread stored as I can not make decent bread rolls, but I can doctor them really well.  A little olive oil on each roll, some oregano, some garlic powder and some garlic salt.  Bake at 325 for about 6 minutes or less.  Then brought the wife back home, made her breakfast, went to 2 different grocery stores to get food supplies.  Trimmed over growth from deceased neighbor's yard.  Still have a bunch of that to clean up.  Today, just as bad.  Went to the credit union, the pharmacy to get all my creams for precancer skin, some more cream for facial maintenance.  (I don't care much what it looks like.  :D)  Went to another grocery store to get items that are not found at the first 2.  Went to 2 different schools to pick up grandchildren.  Thanks, to Gene for blowing some of the cool air and rain this way.  We are getting it.  It was only 88 today.  Beach water temp is 86.  

when I had my furniture finishing shop I had a partner who did all the upholstery. Back then lots of couches and overstuffed chairs to match...Upholstering is lots faster than finishing.  Good fast money for those guys if they can feed the material through the sewing machine straight. I don't know why there is not more upholstery shops like use to be.

27 minutes ago, Smallpatch said:

when I had my furniture finishing shop I had a partner who did all the upholstery. Back then lots of couches and overstuffed chairs to match...Upholstering is lots faster than finishing.  Good fast money for those guys if they can feed the material through the sewing machine straight. I don't know why there is not more upholstery shops like use to be.

There's only one close to me. They stay busy. A lot of their business is car seats and headliners for the restorers and custom builders.