To Our Canadian Friends

HandyDan

4 hours ago, HARO50 said:

Thanks, Dan. Unfortunately, I came down with a U.T.I. on Friday night, and have spent the last three days between the bedroom and the bathroom.  :( Daughter dropped off some leftovers though, so I'll enjoy those later!

John

John, hope you got totally rid of that bug. And, you're feeling better. 

John, not sure how familiar you may be with the US Thanksgiving celebration. I’m curious on how similiar/different the observation of the holiday is between our two countries/cultures? Because if it”s as much of an eating holiday up your way, as it is down here, you really lost out this year. Hope you are on the mend.

16 hours ago, Artie said:

Because if it”s as much of an eating holiday up your way, as it is down here, you really lost out this year. Hope you are on the mend.

Thank you all for your kind wishes. And yes, Artie, it is much the same up here in the Frozen North. But for some reason, it has been getting less so in our immediate family. The LOML and I don't eat much any more,two of our family have decided to go vegan, and my three sisters no longer join us, so one small turkey with trimmings pretty well does it! As for "losing out", the twenty pounds I've shed over the last few months are NOT missed!!

John

Just now, Gene Howe said:

I find that cranberry juice helps, too. That and, lots of water.

I was just going to say that.  I hit a couple cups of cranberry juice a day.  Works for me.  Has to be the real juice and not the cocktail version they try to pawn off on us.

14 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

I find that cranberry juice helps, too. That and, lots of water.

I had one case of UTI about two years ago. Went to the local hospital. The doctor who examined me told me NOT to drink cranberry juice, said it was an old wives tale, and has been proven to do more harm than good. Just FYI. Might be able to get more info on the web.

John

45 minutes ago, HARO50 said:

I had one case of UTI about two years ago. Went to the local hospital. The doctor who examined me told me NOT to drink cranberry juice, said it was an old wives tale, and has been proven to do more harm than good. Just FYI. Might be able to get more info on the web.

John

Did a bit of research on the web. Seems the consensus is that it most likely won't help with UTI. Neither in prevention or treatment. However, the kidneys do benefit, somewhat. So, now I can make more room in the fridge. 

Wife says it goes well with vodka and OJ. ;)

My last bout with UTI was cleared up in a couple days with antibiotics. But, the doc couldn't suggest a preventative regime.

Archived