Guys, I use a website called Blocklayer to get allot of my calculators, used it this time to make a twelve sided roof and I must have interpreted something incorrectly.

My settings on the tablesaw were 78.4 on the miter and 23.2 on the bevel which I took to mean from 90 that was 66.8. This did not give me the results I wanted at all instead of a roof from 12 pieces which when joined should produce a lift of 3 23/32" and a spread of 9.? not sure exactly what it was. I was able to get 7 sections to glue together well but produced a roof that was only 5 1/2" across and 6" high. I'm attaching the printout from the website where did I go wrong????

12 section roof.jpg

I think the mistake is in the angle of the blade. The 23.2° is the total angle at the point of the piece. I think the table saw blade angle should have been 20°. The phi angle is defined as the internal angle. My thinking is that you set the internal angle to be 40° so the blade should be set to 20°.

300px-ExternalAngles_svg.png.d33c7f1676563aa5b33211707ec8fbdb.png

I failed algebra in school so take what I'm saying with a very large grain of salt.