John Moody

Friday, October 11, 2019, What’s on your Patriot Woodworker agenda?

Rate this topic

You're not joking about cool weather John, I just saw on the news we might get down to freezing tonight!:wacko:

I keep looking at the workbench topic trying to figure out what elements of different benches I can use to make a couple of movable machine benches that will fit over the wheel wells in my trailer shop. Keith just posted a few that are adjustable height, and those really have me scratching my head. :WonderScratch: I'm literally trying to fit ten pounds into a five pound bag, and it would be kind of nice to be able to adjust the working height of the machines.:ChinScratch:...back to thinking about it. :BangingHead::BangingHead::BangingHead:

Tomorrow morning going to "Artistry in Wood."   It's a great show, mostly carvers, some turners, and some woodworkers from all over US displaying their work.   Really top-notch stuff.    Sadly, after 38 years, this is the final show that will happen.   Between Cincinnati and Columbus just off I-71

https://www.daytoncarvers.com/artistryinwood.html

Still busy cleaning the shop from 6 months of projects.  Good news is I have completely cleaned off the bench that has both lathes on it.  Finally I can get ready for some serious turning this winter.  With the upgraded lights, shop heat, and DC I am thinking it will be a productive winter.

Still working on kitchen cabinets here.  Hope to get the drawer faces and door finished up this weekend for the last base cabinet.  Then it will be on to the upper cabinets and paint on the lowers.

Yes, I have been working on them a long time...  got to watch Georgia play today also... priorities...

@John Moody those are great looking grips.  Can you design a grip for a different gun than the (1911?) you've shown above?  My neighbor asked me just the other day where he could get a set of grips made for an old pistol he has.

Edited by Cal

14 hours ago, Cal said:

@John Moody those are great looking grips.  Can you design a grip for a different gun than the (1911?) you've shown above?  My neighbor asked me just the other day where he could get a set of grips made for an old pistol he has.

Find out what kind of pistol and you can PM if you like. I’ll see what I can do or find out there.

Went to move toolbox to clean out behind it.  Found that I had never finished coming around the corner with DryLock concrete sealer when I did the opposite wall few years ago for another upgrade to water pipes.

SO, cleaned it all last night and let dry.  Ready for 1st coat this afternoon.  CBU sucks to paint!!  To the far right you can see where I had previously painted.

1602064344_2019ToolboxcornerpaintCBU.jpg.3f947aa197ab922d96753dd41ee621ba.jpg