Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

The Patriot Woodworkers with Operation Ward 57 Adopt a Wounded Warrior Family for the Holidays - 2019 project is live, please click on link to view our very special annual project.

Rate this topic

I was following a thread on another forum: a guy had a PM66 listed for $50, and the poster asked if it was worth it (!?!). He apparently got that saw, but I can't imagine it would lasted more than 5 minutes....anywhere. Then there were the replies about "well, if the motor runs and the cast iron isn't cracked it's worth it". Are you kidding me...it could be parted out if it was non functional. Oh, they guy giving it awayer, er, selling it didn't have 240V in his shop.

Edited by Fred W. Hargis Jr

3 hours ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

Yeah and a lot of scams or set ups on craigslist.  Went with a friend to look at  3 Milwaukee 18 volt drills.  Guy gets out of the car opens the trunk and pulled out a pistol.  Tells us he wants all our money.  

Funny you mention this...  

I drove an hour and a half deep into the Catskills chasing a FB marketplace posting.  Just on a hunch (paranoia?), I took my 9mm along. 

No problem, but it's nice to be prepared.

Jim 

Edited by RedMGB

26 minutes ago, oldwoodie said:

Well, I'll just let my Judge be the Judge! (It shoots shotgun shells and 45 cal.)

Always wanted one of those. Ive heard some guys alternate the 45s and the 4-10s. Wicked side arm. 

There is not enough profit in woodworking to justify the cost of having a industrial cabinet table saw in a hobby shop. If you can afford one great, I'd rather just buy a good Contractor's tablesaw that I can be proud of and does a good job, and not end up so broke that I've got to shop at HF.

Edited by CharlieL