Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Morris

MWTCA October 2019 'What's It' Project (175-2)

Rate this topic

Lets look at what we do have . It is only 5 inches long. The cutter has had some rough treatment. The body has a little splintering where the wooden wedge goes to the bottom (too long) . No visible marks on body or blade. Teeth on blade seem irregular as if homemade.

My synopsis of the facts is this is made by a worker (note may not be woodworker) for a specific task as yet to be determined. Is it too much to say it might be a animal grooming tool :cowboy:

11 minutes ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

Got this book from my Membership

James Swan and Company  Premium Mechanics Tools 1911.

Wow, cool stuff!!

Yep, that is their annual reprint, as a member you get one every year, they are cool. I have a nice collection of old reprints by now. When did you get yours Gunny? Did they ship them out recently?

3 minutes ago, John Morris said:

Did they ship them out recently?

Lena said it came in last week or so.:D

4 minutes ago, John Morris said:

When did you get yours Gunny?

Not real sure, I never get the mail and Lena thought  it was a tool catalog so she put in on the "to read someday" shelf. 

I only noticed because I needed a HF catalog to kill this wasp on the wall.  :JawDrop:

12 hours ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

Lena said it came in last week or so.:D

Not real sure, I never get the mail and Lena thought  it was a tool catalog so she put in on the "to read someday" shelf. 

I only noticed because I needed a HF catalog to kill this wasp on the wall.  :JawDrop:

I think Mine came in last week also

3 minutes ago, Gerald said:

No I have not

Ok,

I am excited for the December issue, they are featuring our community for an ad, they love what we are doing here, and how we are sponsoring membership to their organization, to show thanks they put a nice graphic and information in the December issue, can't wait to see it!

On 11/2/2019 at 12:14 AM, Woodbutcherbynight said:

Got this book from my Membership

James Swan and Company  Premium Mechanics Tools 1911. 

Wow, cool stuff!!

Got mine two days ago (Nov. 5). Of course, I live in a foreign country! ;)

John

OK, gents.  I appreciate the honor and I am humbled by it.  But because time is a serious factor in my daily living, I am going to give this to someone else.  I have already notified John.  I don't even get time on the Shopsmith anymore and I am having withdrawals.  I am too busy giving rides to family members, going to the doctors and physical therapy, cooking meals for wife and grandchildren, sometimes our son when he is working at the AutoZone.  Some days, there are not enough hours.  Last week was horrible.  Son and his wife were rear ended and their Honda Civic was totaled.  This week, they are meeting with the lawyer, getting checked by a doctor on retainer, replaced the Honda with a newer one.  So, my time is wonderful when I get to visit these forums.  Again, I deeply appreciate the honor.  Anyone who would like my gift is welcome to it or how ever the site management sees fit.