Wednesday's Wisdom For Woodturners September 25, 2019

lew

Part 2 of carbide tools explained and answered many questions.  So, now I view the carbide tools as additions to my current set.  I see things that I can do with carbide that I can't do well with traditional tools.  

The beautiful bowl gives me the idea that it would be better to make the bowl from ceramics if that is the desired color.  Yes, I am traditional.  But, it is a beautiful bowl and to think that it is not ceramics is very interesting.  

Thank you, Lew, for answering questions I have yet to ask.  And, I hope you get over that cold soon.  

19 minutes ago, FlGatorwood said:

I see things that I can do with carbide that I can't do well with traditional tools.  

Easy Wood tools, our sponsor, has some nice one's.  Just got some recently.  Have to finish a project up before I can do more than a quick test drive.  But the dowel I turned down came out looking nice.

142016089_EasyWoodTools.jpg.ea5902264450344919080891b54cf8f7.jpg

Edited by Woodbutcherbynight

Lew, I have not had a flu shot since getting out of the Navy in 1972.  It was mandatory and supervisors tried to make it mandatory in civil service.  I refused to get a flu shot and watched all the others get sick, have severe colds and such while I had no ailments from my stubbornness.  While they were all home with whatever they had, I went to work and was productive.  :D  I spoke to my doctor about it and he said some folks are carriers and others can get seriously ill from catching the flu.  So, if it works for you, I commend you.  I hope these symptoms go away soon.  My wife can take the shot and have no reactions to it.  I get sick every time.  Who knows, this year may be the year I get sick.  :JawDrop: