tool scam

I've noticed an ad on facebook for a New  DeWalt 15 amp, 13", 2 speed thickness planer for $147.84 with blades. The address given is Powjuice.com. I'd love to own one but this must be a scam.  Has anyone ever hear of them? Not about to provide my credit card information or anything else to them without some insurance this isn't a scam. That sounds like a price at about 25% of list pricing.

Edited by Al B

Was a serious issue up here in my parts bout 15-20 years ago. All the weekend flea markets would have a couple of tables with someone selling a lot of mostly contractors power tools. When asked how they had so many to sell, the story was always something like, my uncle was a plumber/carpenter/electrician and he died, I’m selling these for my aunt. It got so bad they passed laws requiring proof of sale/ownership to be able to sell tools at these locations. Cut the amount of tools on display for sale to nil. Course Craigslist is another matter, but there’s the risk of the owner who had them stolen from himself, showing up. 

9 hours ago, Artie said:

Course Craigslist is another matter, but there’s the risk of the owner who had them stolen from himself, showing up. 

I helped out such a owner once.  The prick that stole them had some story, when confronted he thought his little pee shooter was scary.

Ask him someday how come he limps and is missing his trigger finger.  :JawDrop:

Edited by Woodbutcherbynight

• 5 months later...