Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
DuckSoup

Hunting Fleas

Rate this topic

I’m jealous. In my experience, those older framing squares are well made. The steel is typically thicker (and not aluminum like many modern models), the measuring scales are accurate, and the square is actually square. That’s the clincher for me: is it square? The rule looks great. Lines and numbers still clean and legible and both pins intact to boot! Great finds!

My grandpa had a Lufkin in 1952 but he broke it trying to pry stuff open.  When he died, it was tossed as it was basically un-usable.  Thanks for triggering the memory.  

Edited by FlGatorwood

16 hours ago, Adam Welker said:

That’s the clincher for me: is it square?

With the tools I trust it's dead-on. Checking it with a rule I'd say it's 3/32 thick, which is what I liked about it when I picked it up, has some weight to it.

This is my first boxwood find, had to have it. I pretty much spent my entire career carry a inside read 6' stick rule, that's what the right pocket on the leg of the jeans was for. I have several that I just wore the numbers off from use.wb1.jpg.7b9ea7f47fd6b5902bda03153b259cd4.jpg