Wednesday's Wisdom For Woodturners September 11, 2019

lew

Another post with a lot of good stuff.  Excellent job on putting this together each week @lew.

2 hours ago, lew said:

Turned completely with Easy Wood Tools mini hollowers and their micro detailer ( @Jim from Easy Wood Tools )

For those wondering about purchasing Easy Woods Tools contact Jim, either here or call.  Got some slushy funds this week and decided to order a few chisels and try them out.  He was very helpful in picking out the correct chisels for the work I do and where I store them when done.  They should be here in a few days but I have a busy schedule with my carport remodel so may not get to use them for awhile.  :(

Enjoyed chatting with him but my time was short, I called from work.  :JawDrop:

@Gerald Thank You! And, thanks for tips on the carbide tool screw. I read somewhere that turners were gently heating the screw/cutter to loosen them. I'm not sure EWTs recommends that- maybe @Jim from Easy Wood Tools can add some advice here.

@Woodbutcherbynight Thanks! And, thanks for the nod to Jim. He is a great guy and I know he helped you select the perfect tools!

@HandyDan Thank You! I was surprised at how dark the grain became- especially as the chunk of walnut was originally destined for firewood.