Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Gerald

Jim Tolpin's Table Saw Magic

Rate this topic

Jim Tolpin

• Publisher

Popular Woodworking Books
  • Rating

• Released

Jim Tolpin

Description

The table saw is a magnificently simple machine capable of performing an incredible range of cutting tasks. Here Jim Tolpin shares his masterful techniques for using the table saw to achieve a variety of safe and accurate cuts, including ripping, crosscutting, miter cuts, grooves, dadoes, rabbets, curves, molding, joinery and more. He provides ample instruction on how to use a variety of table saws, including invaluable information on accessories, maintenance and upkeep, and jigs and fixtures. Plus, Tolpin also includes a quick-reference troubleshooting chart, so woodworkers can solve their table saw dilemmas at a glance.

About the Author:

Jim Tolpin has been a professional woodworker for more than twenty-five years. He is the author of several strong-selling titles, inlcuding Building Traditional Cabinets, Built In Furniture, Tool Box Book and Betterway's Measure Twice, Cut Once. He lives in Port Townsend, Washington.

Genres

• woodworking
  • non-fiction
  • b_owned-paper-book
  • library
This page uses the goodreads API.

I have the first edition and Jim Tolpin has written an updated version. I did not read the whole book, just looked at the pictures;) . Well I did read some because I have made several jigs from the books and still use them today. The jigs and other tips are very well illustrated and information is easy to understand to build the jigs. I would recommend this for anyone from newbie to experienced woodworker.

He covers everything from tuneup , blades, jigs, crosscuts ripping , accessories, and grooves and dados and much more. You can get it as low as 1.99 at Barnes and Noble or 4.99 at Thrift Books.

I have on my saw the magic fence pictured below. it can be added to for tenon jig that can do more than tenon.218209694_TSfenceextension.jpg.113c6537366e7bf264bd1a679419135a.jpg423182450_TSMagicfencemed.JPG.6cbda3a50d11abeb8e319e895cae68d8.JPG

Gerald, great book review, and thank you for submitting it.

I changed the title to reflect the book title, per our forum guidelines seen at the main page for this Book Review Forum.

Thanks again Gerald, and great job!

Course instructor recommended this book, and I found it for under $10 (with shipping), and well worth the effort.  I haven't implemented all the ideas I'd like, but the first few have been very handy.  It's amazing how many wood books are out there, and real bargains if you scratch around a bit.