Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Morris

Tabs on the Weather... (Original Topic by Stick)

5 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

We hit 91˚ yesterday as well, should come close today (and tomorrow). Yard work has stopped, dang if I'll go out and do anything.

81° here now, Humidity 81%, Dewpoint 75° Heat Index of 88°.

Another one of those don't have to do much of anything to be dripping wet days.

Another day of 92, plenty of huggy air, got the rest of the yard mowed, will start tomorrow on the front.  It did rain in a couple of places near here.  I could hear the thunder and see the cloud tops, but our grass is so dry, it prefers to bend over rather than be cut.  

Gunny, I am so sorry that Atlanta didn't get much hurricane or none.  :D  Alabama lost out, too.  However, I heard on their news last night that they got a bunch of money for a hurricane that crossed Florida from Panama City and went by Tallahassee, into Thomasville, GA and up that way.  No where near Alabama.  We may get some rain from a new tropical depression in the Atlantic and Alabama may get some rain from that.  Surely, they will apply for federal funds.  :throbbinghead:

21 minutes ago, FlGatorwood said:

Surely, they will apply for federal funds

Oh yeah, because that is how they work.  Gotta pay for the private bathrooms in the Capitol or some other non essential "project".

Hit 95° yesterday!  Tried to rain a couple times but couldn't even muster a puddle.  Grass drowned and rotted in the Spring and is now dry and dying.  I wonder how many times grass can be stressed before it doesn't come back.

Mid 70s for today's high and no rain.

We got up to 89 yesterday, but the air was so thick it didn't matter...it sucked being outside. Today (and tomorrow) some folks are calling for 90˚, maybe a little rain each day. This is a headache for me...I had planted some tress, shrubs, and perennial flowers in the past 2 weeks and now have to water them like crazy.

Ditto about yesterday ^  We had :BlackCloud:most of the night. We are currently under a flash flood alert.

68° now with 88% Humidity, Dewpoint 67°  real foggy with 90% chance for more rain.

Had to call the power company for another tree down on the power lines.

Not even noon and it's 93 degrees with air you can wear.  Just walking out to the garage is like taking a shower with your clothes on.  No mowing today.  Cooking and laundry.  Oh, the things we do for our wives.  Of course, mine is in a wheelchair with MS.  Maybe not a fair point, so will get her comfortable and go use the bandsaw to cut the bradford pear into 2" X 2" for rolling pins.  Can hardly wait to start turning them.  

Gunny, just saw the mid day local news and the weather girl said that the new storm developing over the Turks and Caico Islands (just south of Bahamas) may go into Jacksonville and Savannah.  Just hold on, Atlanta may get something from this one.  :CowboyPistol:

Well, the fall weather so far has been about as sucky as the very wet spring and the very dry (and hot) summer we've had. It's supposed to 87˚ today (normal in the mid 70's) and stay in the mid 80s or so the next 10 days....no rain either. This dry spell is working my well pump overtime trying to keep some new plantings alive.

22 minutes ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Well, the fall weather so far has been about as sucky as the very wet spring and the very dry (and hot) summer we've had. It's supposed to 87˚ today (normal in the mid 70's) and stay in the mid 80s or so the next 10 days....no rain either. This dry spell is working my well pump overtime trying to keep some new plantings alive.

I hope the new plantings keep that weather from coming my way.  I'm tired of it too.  Got some rain the other night but need more just like it.

Today, set a record of 99 degrees.  Tomorrow the same. Heat index of 112.  Dry and some of my stuff is dying.  Don't have to mow, a real plus.  We are in a high pressure between two tropical storms making the muggy meter register past the extreme high end.  We have a 30 % chance of rain on Thursday and then day time highs are 90 to 92 for the next 5 days.  That's going to feel cool.  Just sweat a little less.  :D

We upper 80's and no rain the rest of the week. Maybe some rain Sunday but doesn't look like it will be much. I did see the heat wave was a lot worse down south with many areas breaking record high temps. I mowed the weeds yesterday (grass stopped growing weeks ago) and noticed the ragweed pollen is celebrating these conditions.

On 9/12/2019 at 12:30 PM, FlGatorwood said:

Just hold on, Atlanta may get something from this one.

A Slavic site says not happening.  Did get expected thunderstorms last night though.  Refilled half of all the rain barrels off the gutters.:TwoThumbsUp:

Atlanta can use the water with that population and joining of many cities.  

Well, we broke a record again today.  We actually had 102 at our airport.  I clipped a few oak growths in the shade of a cedar tree today.  It was cut one, wipe sweat.  Our normal is 86, but we decided to see how well we could do today.  The a/c ran all day long.  Read the label and it can't keep up after 104.  It's supposed to be about 90 tomorrow.  We shall see.  Keeping an eye on Jerry.  He appears to be headed into the Carribbean and very possibly into the Gulf.  That's when I get worried.  Will get the generator out again tomorrow to see if it is still willing to run.  Have propane and grill ready to cook as if it is a normal stove.  Just need to keep the refrigerator and freezer running.  Can put a short extension on the generator to charge computers and phones.  Just praying that we have nothing else like Dorian.  

Low 80s with plenty of sun and no rain.  Hope to get a taste of what Texas is experiencing.  Hope some of it makes it up this way.  Sorry to see them get dumped on like that.