Latest Project

Fred Wilson

Fred, that looks similar to some of the things I saw in Japan, Hong Kong, Philippines and other points in Asia.  The time, patience and skill to make those look that beautiful astonishing to me.  Thank you for sharing.  Now, I need a towel to wip up all the drool.  

2 hours ago, Fred Wilson said:

Well, sire, the velocipede would have been a great feat, however, the knees wouldn't have stood the test.  I just used my trusty ole Excaliber.  

Thanks for the roses.

Thanks for the reply Fred, and thanks again for showing such a wonderful masterpiece. I'll say it again, I don't know how scrollers do it, the patience and eye and hand work, it's just beautiful.

On 9/8/2019 at 7:27 AM, Fred Wilson said:

it is my humble opinion that the scroll saw is meant to have the object material pushed through, therefore, (as much as possible) I push the object material even with a spiral blade.  AND, the fact that my eye-hand-brain coordination seems to work better that way.  B)

I'll have to agree @Fred Wilson pushing does give a lot more control. I've tried spiral blades a few times with little luck. I think I need to try them on some hardwood to really get the feel for them. I had a project awhile back with a starburst and I put a 5 degree bevel on the points. My table only tilts right so I cut all the points on one side pushing & then faced the blade to the back of the saw and cut the rest pulling. Just making straight cuts I remember having a hard time holding down the work and pulling the piece into the blade.