Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Al B

Knee replacement

That's a tough operation to go through.  Sorry she is having a bad time of it.  Hoping it will pass soon so she can smile again.

Hang in there Al. 

The therapist will get her working and it will get better. It just takes time. I know it's easier said than done. I've been there. I never thought my second knee replacement would ever heal but I feel alot better now than before. I just wish I would have had it done sooner.

Tell your wife we are rooting for her!!! She can do it!!

She want's to come home so I'm hoping that will be a motivator for her to push a little harder with the therapists. She does seem to be moving ahead.  I guess having surgery in your eighties takes its toll on the body. I remember, after my hip replacement last year, I ended up back in the hospital  for respiratory issues, something I had never experienced before or since  then.

"I guess having surgery in your eighties takes its toll on the body"......there's a huge understatement, it takes a toll regardless of age; just a lot worse when you have a couple of years behind you. Best to her during the PT.

59 minutes ago, Al B said:

Thanks everyone for your support. Elly came  home yesterday afternoon and her spirits are a lot better. She is using a walker to get around, but I doubt she will need it for long. She has a nurse and physical therapist visiting her at home for a short time, but  things are looking  good for her.

This is great news Al! Boy we sure thought she'd be home sooner didn't we, but complications happened, I bet it's great having everyone in one place isn't it?

It's great getting back to a little normalcy. Sitting at the rehab center for hours was no fun. Less fun for Elly.

Glad to hear Elly is improving steadily.  Remind her there is a limit and not to overdo it.  Sometimes we feel more exercise will be better but that is not always how it works.  Slow and steady will win the race.