Some of my tool builds

derekcohen

Here's a router plane I designed that has been copied a bit. There are full build details on the page link early on.

4ffd41ef-7a8d-4d58-a009-4a323afa35fa-zps

This features a brass support, spring-loaded holder, and depth stop (very important) ...

11-zps9c5dbd33.jpg

Sharpening router plane blades is much easier if you use a method I developed:  http://www.inthewoodshop.com/WoodworkTechniques/SharpeningRouterPlaneBlades.html

Vic Tesolin (of Veritas) has one of my router planes, and came to visit me a few years ago. I showed him the sharpening jig, and he made this video for Fine Woodworking magazine ...

Regards from Perth

Derek

Here's one of my favourite tools: dovetailing knife and scratch awl. 

A%20Knife%20for%20Marking%20Dovetails_ht

I designed these about 10 years ago, made a lot of them for a few years as gifts, sold a few ...

A%20Knife%20for%20Marking%20Dovetails_ht

Basically, Dave Jeske (Blue Spruce) and I were making a similar design, which was aimed at fine detail work. I don't have the time to make tools to sell, and my good friend Chris Vesper (toolmaker extraordinaire) is now manufacturing them under his name (called the "Cohen Knife"). He does a better job (understandably! :) ). 

You can make your own. Details here: http://www.inthewoodshop.com/ShopMadeTools/A Knife for Marking Dovetails.html

Regards from Perth

Derek