Got a light?

Coors?  Bud?  Schlitz?  Guiness?  

A couple of these turned on while in the shop will continue with light when the electricity goes off.  These are affordable.  When we had our house rewired, code said we could not have a light in our closet.  Guess what?  One of these hanging near the door bypasses code.  

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200707891_200707891?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Lighting > Portable Work Lights&utm_campaign=iZoom&utm_content=66500&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuMLzmaH54wIVGI7ICh0KeAbREAYYAyABEgJ5iPD_BwE

Edited by FlGatorwood
additonal thoughts

I may have bought the same 6 pack. Bout two months ago we had some serious weather coming through, and I was working in the basement. It dawned on me that if I was working with a rapidly moving object, and the lights went out, there was a possibility for a less than desirable end result. On Amazon I found these plug in lights. You plug them into a standard house receptacle, and they charge up. In emergency light mode they only come on when the power source is removed. Unplug them and they come on, lose power they come on. There is also a flashlight mode, you switch it to this the light comes on, and there is an off mode. It will charge up but nothing else happens till you move the switch. They are LED (of course) and have a light on the front side, and top. Front side is emergency lighting, top is flashlight. Bought a 6 pack, three in the basement, 2 in the shop, 1 by the washer and dryer. No windows in the basement (that let light in anyways), other 3 spread through the house.

2 hours ago, Larry Buskirk said:

Even though one of Amazons distribution centers is only about 10 miles from me, I don't shop Amazon.

I try to "shop local", but increasingly places like HD and Lowes don't stock things, offering to ship it in to the store (or for a premium, to my house).  Or I buy something not as good that they have in stock. And of course, going to the BB store, searching the aisles, discovering that they inventory is wrong (again) and it's not there....increasingly I'm letting my fingers do the walking.  For better or ill, Amazon has changed the metric.  It doesn't hurt that the Phoenix area has 6 or 7 A-warehouses (and my company built 5 of them...so my retirement was partially funded by Jeff's Gang).  I swim upstream just so long.

There's one Ace near me and one lumber yard...construction timbers only. About 30 miles further, (around here, 30 miles is local) we have a Lowes and HD. But that's really not keeping money local. For decent lumber, its 3 hrs to Phoenix or 5 hrs to Tucson. THAT'S NOT LOCAL. Most hardware that I use, Ace carries. But, for speciality stuff and, most tools, it Amazon or, some other online merchant.