John Morris

Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! July 29th, 2019

Rate this topic

My giddy up left a couple years ago and only comes back in short spasms and never before 2 PM. Got the stain on 4 more offering plates and had to do two pours of epoxy on another to fill a void. Hope to get stain on that one today and finish on Thursday . That will make me half finished with this project and that only took 7 months. Hopefully 3 more weeks on the last 8.

1 hour ago, Gerald said:

comes back in short spasms

I'm still waiting...:Tapping:

1 hour ago, Gerald said:

That will make me half finished with this project and that only took 7 months.

Half finished in only 7 months :JawDrop:What's your rush :WonderScratch:

I've got projects that only have about 48 months or so on that....:unsure:

18 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Thanks for that, Gerald. At least I know I'm not alone.

You got that right Gene! :TwoThumbsUp:

:ChinScratch: Well I did call and order the parts for the laundry center.

It's the second time in a couple of years that the washer decided to leak out the tub seal or transmission. :CoveringEyes::wacko::PullingHair:

23 hours ago, John Morris said:

Featured Image

Sawing board in woodworking shop. Community service center, Centerville, Arkansas. Faulkner County (1940)

Source: Farm Security Administration - Office of War Information Photograph Collection (Library of Congress)

FSA Man Cutting Wood.png

That is a great picture John!

The Farm Security Administration was the forerunner to the agency I retired from - now called Farm Service Agency.

I didn't get much done last week, spent it in north Georgia where I went with the wife who had to work.  I spent my time enjoying the cooler temps, good food and visiting with old and new friends up there.  So far this week, progress is being made - albeit slow...  My project has been ongoing for over four years now...

On 7/29/2019 at 11:20 PM, Gene Howe said:

Don't know how I missed Rusty's fabulous bowl. Thanks for including it, John. It's a beautiful piece and deserves to be featured. 

For the last week, my git up and go seems to have got up and left. Hopefully, I can find it, again and get something accomplished this week. Wish me luck.

My get up and go has been MIA for a few months now while I've grappled with the CPAP machine. Starting to feel results now though. Not bodily exhausted any more, just a bit tired come the end of the workday.

Waiting a little while before I run off to my work area, as I don't want to have an accident while I'm still tired.

Did a little work last week, finishing the rope "ladder" for the cat tower I built a few months ago. At that point now where I'm trying to figure out what I want to make next, and what that might look like. Mrs Fizgig wanted a sideboard at once point early in the year, but we've figured we'll probably move out before it's really of use, so that has been shelved for later. I might make a smaller prototype of it though and finish it up, just so I can learn how it might go together and how it might look. Then I can always sell it for a kid's doll/playhouse I guess.

Thanks Gene. It has really put a dent in my sawdust creation, and for that I'm a little anxious to get back into it for my own well-being.

I've had to be content with reading, but it's been hard to retain information so I've been frustrated with that too.

Every day I walk into the garage to go to work or come home, and every day the sight of my bench just makes me sad and frustrated.

Soon, my pretties, soon....