aaronc

Hello from Kentucky

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, Artie said:

However if the circuit is live it IS a very effective circuit tracer.

Yeah, when you wake up on the floor and your head is cut open from the 10 ft leap across the room.  Nevermind the missing finger, burnt off.

That means that circuit is live.:JawDrop:

6 hours ago, Artie said:

Plug it in

Read the directions in super fine print inside the ring, wear gloves.

:throbbinghead:

12 hours ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

Yeah, when you wake up on the floor and your head is cut open from the 10 ft leap across the room.  Nevermind the missing finger, burnt off.

That means that circuit is live.:JawDrop:

Read the directions in super fine print inside the ring, wear gloves.

I'm sensing a story here. 

13 hours ago, aaronc said:

I'm sensing a story here. 

I was just joking with @Artie

But couple of years ago the neighbor up the street had a dead car battery one evening.  So since he didn't have a 12 volt battery charger he figured a 25 ft extension cord would be okay to use in place of battery charger.  Plugged it in and touched the post on the battery with the wires.

Battery exploded, knocking him back about 10 feet.  Chemical burns all over his face and upper body, the shock gave him a heart attack and off to the hospital he went.  Car went up in flames. 

Oddly the Fireman were not to keen on the idea of letting us turn on the siren and play with the firetruck.  Told me and the other neighbor to grow up!!

Allen Worsham here.

Glad to see another TPW Kentuckian close to me. My wife Tami is a retired Special Educator for 30+ years working with children with moderate to severe Autism. I have been permanently disabled since 1996 due to a work injury while working for Coca Cola. After 3 back surgeries and  whole lot of rehab, I ran my own business as a Residential Home Appraiser for 11 years until the home markets crashed in California. If you find your way to Bowling Green I would love to meet up with you in person somewhere to grab a bite or swing by my house to talk shop. I would love to have you stop by if you got the time.

951-258-6173 Cell

4 hours ago, Allen Worsham said:

Allen Worsham here.

Glad to see another TPW Kentuckian close to me. My wife Tami is a retired Special Educator for 30+ years working with children with moderate to severe Autism. I have been permanently disabled since 1996 due to a work injury while working for Coca Cola. After 3 back surgeries and  whole lot of rehab, I ran my own business as a Residential Home Appraiser for 11 years until the home markets crashed in California. If you find your way to Bowling Green I would love to meet up with you in person somewhere to grab a bite or swing by my house to talk shop. I would love to have you stop by if you got the time.

951-258-6173 Cell

Alan,..thanks for the invite. May take you up on that sometime. What kind of projects do you like to spend your time on ?

Still haven't got to actually do much in the shop as we have a lot of other things happening. Also the heat and humidity make things miserable especially with my asthma. I have done the pre-cutting of some knock down rocking chairs back when things were cooler. I have to run them all through the router table with the template for final size. But not much else other than house stuff. Here is a photo of one of the rockers.

Chair side.jpg

Chair Rear.jpg