Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

PostalTom -
steven newman -

Top Posters

Just a thought. I know cast planes will crack if dropped or at least may crack. Now what happens to a bronze plane when dropped? Does it warp the sole, break the joints , or just dent?

Well, here is what John said about that earlier in the thread:

On 7/13/2019 at 9:58 AM, John Morris said:

2. Why do you make many of your tools out of Bronze?

Manganese Bronze is a very hard, strong alloy which wears very well, unlike brass and softer bronzes. We prefer this bronze to iron for small planes because it's heavier, it doesn't rust, won't crack if dropped and has wonderful warmth in the hand. We use iron when the extra weight is not welcome.

Source: FAQ's

I still occasionally watch "Ask this old house".  I've definitely noticed the inventory of Festool's that Tommy Silva owns. I wonder if the tools are provided by Festool, since they are a sponsor of the program.

20 minutes ago, Al B said:

I still occasionally watch "Ask this old house".  I've definitely noticed the inventory of Festool's that Tommy Silva owns. I wonder if the tools are provided by Festool, since they are a sponsor of the program.

No doubt.