Bronze or Iron?

PostalTom

I recalled one of my favorite furniture builders that I was introduced too oh I'd say about 7 years ago or more. I love their style, a man woman partnered team, and I noticed they use Lie Nielsen in their shop. I have spoke with Matthew Wolfe in the past and he is such a nice wonderful man, and easy to approach, he and I traded opinions on hand tools, I liked his advice and it fit me and my objectives for my shop. I have also learned a lot from just watching his videos.

@PostalTom, I could of sworn he used an LN No. 4 Bronze in his other videos, but in this video he is using the LN No.4 Iron, and as you can see, it doesn't matter, his work is superb. I love my LN Bronze, not only does it work beautifully as the iron does, but it just looks so danged cool too :) 

Matthew is not sponsored by LN, he just loves their tools. So do I. Just thought I'd share this video of a true master at work, he has many other videos of his builds at his YouTube channel.

He also uses those lovely Veritas shaves.

Also, he linked to us on his website, you gotta love that.

WWW.DOUCETTEANDWOLFEFURNITURE.COM

Links to friends and buisnesses at Doucette and Wolf Furniture Makers, handcrafted furniture and colonial furniture handmade...

20 hours ago, Smallpatch said:

Do they just do wood working on weekends and have an office job

Jess, that's a whole lot of us here! With your high standards regarding who is qualified to give advise on tools, we should remain silent. :P

Seriously though, there are a whole bunch of woodworker hobbyist and weekend warriors who's opinions I value highly here. 

7 minutes ago, derekcohen said:

John, in regard to your statement that an 80 year-old tablesaw cannot be beat,

you'll have to read that statement again Derek, I was making the opposite point, actually the same point you just made. It was a rhetorical comment. :)

By the way Derek, thanks so much for the content you have been putting up here lately, I just have not had the time I want to contribute to your topics as they deserve, I hope to get on there this weekend and share your wonderful tool build topics and more, thanks so much sir!

Rats ... sorry about misreading that John. 

It's been so much fun to post. There have been so many articles and tools I had not looked at in years. Sort of like rediscovering a tool one purchased years ago, slipped into a drawer, and forgot it was there! :)

I look forward to your comments. 

Regards from Perth

Derek

3 hours ago, derekcohen said:

However, the plane that I consider to be one of the most under rated and one that is simply superb is this one (below). I wonder if you can guess what it is (since I modified it) ...

BUSMOD2.jpg

Regards from Perth

Derek

At first glance LV low angle block with added handle which I have but that is not a added handle so must be a LV Custom low angle.