Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Artie

This mornings hunt

So one of my other hobbies is metal detecting. Last night was the fire works in the small town I live in. I usually get up early the next morning and go to the field with my detector. Today’s haul was $5.50, an Acton Toyota key fob, some red (plastic) beads, and a button from a Pepperell Fireman’s uniform. $2.60 came from the same hole.   

A1C4F7B0-A673-4B57-B912-9A784AA7B950.jpeg

No gold doubloons but hey it was a great day.  I follow some metal detectorists on YouTube add they next to never have a day as good as you did.  Sweet!

Artie, thanks for sharing your other hobby, what a neat way to wake up, I actually love that button, is that an antique button? Or from a current uniform?

A pretty good haul Artie.  Looking at the coins, it appears that they had been there a while.  Any old coins in the mix?

48 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

The burning question is will Artie wear those beads to work? 

Strange thing is he said he found those "PLASTIC" beads while metal detecting.   

17 hours ago, John Morris said:

Artie, thanks for sharing your other hobby, what a neat way to wake up, I actually love that button, is that an antique button? Or from a current uniform?

The button is probably less than 5 years old, this is from one of the towns athletic playing fields. Pretty sure it’s been leveled and filled in the last 40 years. Everything I found was on top, or less than an inch down. probably leftovers from the last year or two’s fireworks.

8 hours ago, Cal said:

A pretty good haul Artie.  Looking at the coins, it appears that they had been there a while.  Any old coins in the mix?

No old coins, the zinc pennies don’t last long in the ground, even less so at the saltwater beaches.

6 hours ago, HandyDan said:

Strange thing is he said he found those "PLASTIC" beads while metal detecting.   

Yes plastic, they don’t set off the detector at all. I probably have found dozens of them over the years. The kids just leave them behind when the fireworks are over. I give them to the little girl next door. 

That ring looks like it could be silver or white gold. Looks like some engraving on the inside. The pendant looks like opal.

43 minutes ago, Al B said:

That ring looks like it could be silver or white gold. Looks like some engraving on the inside. The pendant looks like opal.

Al it says Tacori,   China and CZ. It’s very light, probably tin with cubic zirconium. The earring has no engraving. Neither rang up on the detector like silver or gold :( 

8 hours ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

I went to the beach and did not fair near as well.  $10 to park, $25 for lunch, jellyfish stung me, fell asleep on the beach and got a sunburn.  :throbbinghead:

Did you have fun? All that matters.

9 hours ago, Al B said:

Maybe platinum :lol:

Al, I owe you an apology. After I read CZ I didn’t look any further. Went back and checked all the engraving, saw the 925, so it’s silver. :) 

5 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Artie, what does CZ mean? 

5 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Artie, what does CZ mean? 

Cubit  Zirconia . A manufactured stone that looks like a diamond.  They are called Diamonique on the QVC  TV channel

QVC is a TV channel that spends all of its time selling products, mostly women's products. Diamonique is their brand name. Years ago they had some good deals but not so  much any more. Glad SWMBO has lost interest in that channel, though, I do see occasional small charges on my credit card from them.

Edited by Al B

3 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Kinda like Amazon.

More  or less, but their sales are primarily on TV. Order can be made on line at QVC.com

Edited by Al B