Grizzly Industrial, Inc.

Danl

3 hours ago, Cal said:

At nearly 1/2 hour, I will watch it later.  Thanks for posting it up!

Empty sack.  Ego production.  CEO thinks people want to see his face and hear him talk, because his ego is bigger than us all.  Tomorrow he'll sell the whole thing, fire all the workers, if it makes him an extra buck.

Me?  Suspicious?  Jaded?  Pessimistic?   I been through the barrel, have no regrets, have no expectations.  Griz isn't unique, you can buy the same stuff pretty much anywhere.  Good as any, better than some.

I have a bandsaw, Tablesaw and compressor. Did have some problems with compressor and they sent me three switches at no cost. Still did not fix it but I found a work around as the compressor was discontinued at the time. Every time I have called tech support they quickly handle whatever the problem might be.

I’m not a fan, at all.  A couple of years ago, they posted an incredible sale on a “15 inch planer.  The pricing was clearly a mistake on their site and rather than honoring the ad, they blew me off.  No alternate offer, no apology, no explanation, nothing.  I’d buy Craftsman before I’d buy anything from Grizzly.  

I don't know the man or his tools, but after watching that only ONE thing stuck with me:   he said:

TAIWAN - CHINA

Now, to me, it's either one or the other, but not both.   I'm sorry the gutless rabbits in Washington refuse to fully recognize Taiwan, but....   Hey, that's just me.   I haven't considered it part of China in my lifetime.  :angry:

Amen to that.  And, to promise to cut out the drills between our military and those of South Korea that has been working so well since the truce was put into place.  Yes, it makes my blood boil.  I know from first hand experience how important the drills are so that we can know how to interface with the friendly military.  We learned how important it was between ships company and the air wing before we sailed into Vietnam.  We had to get our lingo and procedures fine tuned.  You drill until it becomes an automatic response.  Even after 50 years, I remember so much of it.  And, it was great training.  Like you, I wish for Japan, the 2 Koreas, Taiwan and Philippines to remain as they are without the monster over taking them to make one China.  Just my 2 cents.  

• 2 months later...

My shops is full of Grizzly tools. I worked for the Pa store until they closed down

and moved out.  I sure miss them. Like all like there Taiwan machines. China not

so much. I have one of the first large metal lathes that they sold. Love it. With out

getting up and looking i have at least 9 of there bigger metal/woodworking machines.

Like I said I sure miss them...