Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
JIMMIEM

Notifications Have Stopped Working

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

JIMMIEM -
John Morris -

Top Posters

Have not received notifications for several days.

Jim, have you taken a look at your personal notifications settings? Lets see if something changed there accidentally before we take a deeper plunge. Thanks!

Don't know if this has anything to do with it but the other day I updated my Avast antivirus. When I did, Avast blocked access to post.spmailtechn.com which is the email notification service from The Patriot Woodworker. Avast said-

846411237_2019-07-0313_06_55-Window.png.4d2098850bbd0fb14a8dca7cb6f4f7c7.png

I had to whitelist that domain and now everything works.

Lew

9 hours ago, John Morris said:

Jim, have you taken a look at your personal notifications settings? Lets see if something changed there accidentally before we take a deeper plunge. Thanks!

I just enabled Browser Notifications.  Could that be the problem?  I have not changed anything since joining TPW and have been receiving notifications until recently.

More importantly, how are you feeling?

6 hours ago, lew said:

Don't know if this has anything to do with it but the other day I updated my Avast antivirus. When I did, Avast blocked access to post.spmailtechn.com which is the email notification service from The Patriot Woodworker. Avast said-

846411237_2019-07-0313_06_55-Window.png.4d2098850bbd0fb14a8dca7cb6f4f7c7.png

I had to whitelist that domain and now everything works.

Lew

I use AVG.....I'll check it out.  Thank You

13 hours ago, JIMMIEM said:

I just enabled Browser Notifications.  Could that be the problem?  I have not changed anything since joining TPW and have been receiving notifications until recently.

More importantly, how are you feeling?

Jim, feeling a bit better, thanks for asking. Spirits are up and the long weekend is here. :)

Browser notifications only help when you are actually online. So a popup will appear with a noise indicating you have some activity. But, if you are not receiving emails notifying you of activity, then that is a different issue, so is your problem with email notifications, or browser? Thanks Jim

13 minutes ago, John Morris said:

Jim, feeling a bit better, thanks for asking. Spirits are up and the long weekend is here. :)

Browser notifications only help when you are actually online. So a popup will appear with a noise indicating you have some activity. But, if you are not receiving emails notifying you of activity, then that is a different issue, so is your problem with email notifications, or browser? Thanks Jim

Hi John, good to hear that you are feeling better physically and mentally.  Gotta love those long weekends....not enough of them.

My problem is with email notifications.  I have been getting them from other Forums, but not from TPW.  I checked my email settings and didn't see a problem.  I will check with my email provider and ask them to take a look.

Please don't spend any time on this (it's most likely on my side).......enjoy your time off.  It's not a problem for me to pop over here periodically and check for activity.

Just now, JIMMIEM said:

but not from TPW.

I have a suspicion what it may be Jim, I can check on it in a short while, not really a big deal. Sometimes our members email providers put us on the blacklist for spam, their system see something they don't like about our email sending domain, which is different then our forum domain, and they don't like that. So most likely your provider is blocking us now, I can check on our side to verify it, no big deal Jim, thanks for being and here and thanks for your constant thoughts and wishes regarding my own health, I'll live! Yipee, the rest is gravy. :)

22 hours ago, HandyDan said:

My notifications have been inconsistent this week.  Site seems a bit slow too.

Site should be a bit faster Dan, please surf it a bit and let me know if you seen any change in speed, thanks sir.

But I do have to sign in every time I come back to this site. And that is new for about a month or so?

@Smallpatch make sure your "Remember Me" box is checked when you sign in, that may be the issue if it's not.

Capture.JPG

Site much more efficient now, faster even today. Made a few tweeks and things seem to be humming along now.

Still working on the email notifications for you guys when I get a minute or two, thanks for your patience! And thanks for giving me something to do! :lol:

:ChinScratch: I received my first email notifications in months. :WonderScratch:

1 hour ago, lew said:

Now my email notifications are not showing up. Gmail address.

Probably because mine started working!:blink:

1 hour ago, HandyDan said:

I just got one which was first in awhile too

We just switched notifications services last night Dan, hopefully many others for members will start coming through again. Thanks all for your patience.