Gerald did you adjust the guides after you installed the new blade? Chances are the blades are of different thicknesses and that alone would cause a problem.

First off you want the blade to track right in the middle of the top wheel with the blade as tight  as you normally run the saw with no guides touching the blade. Then make all your adjustments and it sounds like you didn't have the rear bearing up close enough to stop the blade from getting in to a bind. 

Like in the great video of the guy setting up a band saw he states once you have the blade tracking exactly in the middle of the top wheel a person can move the guides back away from the blade and run it that way but it is dangerous for the blade could come flying off the wheels and hurt your pinkies. It takes me a good while to make sure how the machine is sawing when I install a new blade but when I can resaw .020 of an inch of maple, that blade never cuts anything but straight cuts, no curves ever. I leave that to my smaller bandsaws and smaller blades.

Well, I have to brag on my Shopsmith bandsaw.  Of course, it is only 6+" with an 11 inch throat.  But, I could do this with it.  Dogwood, oak, pecan or cedar makes no difference if the feed rate is slow enough.  I have done what you have done, but I can't remember what I did to cause it.  Anyway, this is the last project that I did with 6" thick dogwood, a real tough hardwood.  http://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/general-woodworking-f5/dogwood-bandsaw-box--t22041.html

On 6/21/2019 at 10:51 PM, Gerald said:

The solution I hope is new bearing setup from Carter Products

Gerald, please report back in after you've installed and tried out the new set up.

7 hours ago, FlGatorwood said:

Anyway, this is the last project that I did with 6" thick dogwood

Steve, some great work there.  Please post up more of your work here on TPW!

Edited by Cal

Gator and Gene those are some nice pieces of work. May not get the bearings installed till tomorrow. Kinda spaced out today after the 8 hours with saw, hauling and sealing wood yesterday. Gator the frustrating thing for me is that part " if the feed rate is slow enough" . With a fresh sharp blade feed rate is not a part of the equation even tho my 1hp motor could do with upgrade to 1.5, but maybe next year.

6 hours ago, Cal said:

Steve, some great work there.  Please post up more of your work here on TPW!

Cal, you know what assuming does and that is what I did.  There is a page 2 so here is the link to the finished product.  

http://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/general-woodworking-f5/dogwood-bandsaw-box--t22041-s10.html

I just noticed the "view" count is rather high.  As long as other learn how to do these things for themselves.

Gene, that is a fabulous piece of work.  I did one with all cedar that was grown in the front yard of the wife and her family.  And, the bottom is a piece of pecan.  The pecan had the poop where the worms had been through.  Since wife's sister's husband worked for the state EPA and loved discussing poop at every meal, I used it especially for him.  They love it.  I tried to find a picture, but it's not here.  Don't know how I lost that.  I like the color coordination of yours.  And, yes, the Shopsmith bandsaw is a great tool.  

Gerald, I almost feed my saws slow.  I try so hard to stay just to the outside of my line and my hands shake some, but I am more concerned with accuracy than anything else.  I have considered the Carter bearings, but I get good results with cool blocks.  As long as I can hold it steady, I'll be happy.  It is aggravating to get a blade hung up in a log.  Been there, done that.  Also, just picking at you.