How good is your work?

Rate this topic

Many of my early mistakes were caused by my own impatience. I will do something that has an amount of risk to the project, to keep working on it. "I don't need to glue it, it will hold", "It looks strong enough"   Now I am far more apt to do it right the first time. 

As I have aged, it don't bother me at all to pause..........and take a nap:)

John Morris once accused me of having a "Just don't give a darn" attitude. He's about right. I sure don't get up tight about mistakes. There's always more wood. I used to consider mistakes educational. But, now I have problems remembering my lessons. :OldManSmiley::BangingHead:

3 hours ago, Ron Altier said:

"I don't need to glue it, it will hold", "It looks strong enough" 

My experiencer is similar.  Of course now I have to decide, maybe this is over kill,  do I really need studs every 12 inches???:JawDrop:

Edited by Woodbutcherbynight
14 hours ago, Gerald said:

@Artie You gotta stop beating yourself up. We all make mistakes , even Sam Maloof made them . So learn from your mistakes and get better the next time. Believe me for those doing some of the work you see on here did not get there the day after yesterday. Like you said some pick it up by watching the video one time and some say on the 10th watching "Oh I See the Light".

Keep plugging and Don't Give Up.

You are 100% right, I am a plugger. I’m kinda the poster child for the saying. “50% of life is just showing up” plus I’m kinda stubborn, not always an asset, but sure is sometimes.

3 hours ago, Artie said:

You are 100% right, I am a plugger.

Nothing wrong with being slow at getting a task done.  My 1st year home from Iraq and with wrist and arm pins I put up a 100 ft long concrete block wall 2 blocks tall across my backyard.  I went 8 bricks each section until I got to the end.  I am able to lay 8 bricks a night and still be able to function with my injuries the next day.  Took 3 months.  

Edited by Woodbutcherbynight