Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Ron Altier

Faceplate

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Ron Altier -
John Morris -

Top Posters

I received my new aluminum faceplate from Easy Wood today. I was surprised how lightweight and small it was. I was expecting it to be a bit larger, but glad it is small (2" dia) I turn a lot of small pieces on my mini lathe. Of course I had to try it out. I recently cut down a small crab apple tree that has been dead for a couple of years. I salvaged what I could, a couple of pieces about 8"long and 5" dia. I looked at it closely and figured it was too far gone to be any good. My new faceplate worked great........the wood didn't.  After I got down about an inch or so, I was worried that it could come apart......I quit. However I really like that faceplate. I intend to use it a lot more, it is easy to use and easy to remove.

fullsizeoutput_cca.jpeg

Edited by Ron Altier
add picture

EWT makes very quality tools. The fit and finish on them is first rate.

10 minutes ago, lew said:

Looks just like mine!!!

and mine!