Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
FlGatorwood

Oral surgery today

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

FlGatorwood -
FlGatorwood -

Top Posters

2 hours ago, FlGatorwood said:

Now, I can't do any physical exercise, get hot or have any citrus foods or drinks for a week.

I guess go get some hot wings and a beer.

I feel your pain.  I have had my share of that oral surgery stuff and don't envy you at all.  A week will be over soon and life will be good again. 

Hopefully that will clear up your re-occurring abscess. Here is to a fast and pain free recovery!

Funny, I had the same problem with a lower tooth. Had it pulled yesterday. That should fix it!

John

5 hours ago, FlGatorwood said:

What I can't remember is what the procedure is called.

Financial Rape.

2 hours ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

Financial Rape.

Absolutely right.  It is legitimate theft.  :D

5 hours ago, HARO50 said:

Funny, I had the same problem with a lower tooth. Had it pulled yesterday. That should fix it!

John

John, I am so sorry that you lost that tooth.  It was cheaper and less painful to loose a tooth.  But, I didn't want to purchase another bridge.  That would have been just as expensive.  Maybe, this tooth will now last me the remainder of my days.  :D

8 hours ago, FlGatorwood said:

John, I am so sorry that you lost that tooth.  It was cheaper and less painful to loose a tooth.  But, I didn't want to purchase another bridge.  That would have been just as expensive.  Maybe, this tooth will now last me the remainder of my days.  :D

In my case, the cost of pulling the tooth and adding one to the partial plate was less than one third of the cost of a root canal. Unlike wood, money doesn't grow on trees!

John

Gator! Man, I sincerely hope everything heals up nice. Let's not do this again. Sorry for your pain. 

The most intense pain I had was for a couple hours after the numbing medication wore off.  I think he gave me about 6 shots.  My face was swollen and my nose felt like a balloon.  He gave me some Tylenol #4, but it is all still in the bottle.  No pain during the night and I have eaten pretty well today.  They told me no acidic foods, but I like my fruit.  Sorry.  Taking my penicillin 4 times a day.  I have never heard of anything like this.  My fear was on the level that it was as I was headed to Vietnam, but had mentally conditioned myself to not give into the pain.  I touched it a few minutes ago and it is a bit sensitive, but it is going to get well soon.  Time to make lasagna, some Mexican food and feast.  I was hoping someone had experience and could tell me what the procedure is.  Anyway, it is very different and anytime someone hears about what happened, you just see cringe.  I guess I've lived long enough to be a tough old bird.  Thanks for the chat and sharing.  You are all very supportive.