MWTCA June 2019 'What's It' Project (716)

"What's It" Basic Rules Reminder

For a full run down on this project and rules please go to: "The Patriot Woodworker and MWTCA "What's It" project"

• Only Patriot Woodworker Members are eligible to participate and receive the award.
  • The MWTCA only accepts a verified source to support your answer, so one should be submitted with your answer, such as a patent, catalog entry, tool book reference, or a respectable website on the subject. Do not let these requirements prevent you from having fun and submitting educated answers on the subject without verification, we can worry about references later. All answers are welcome, as well as healthy debates regarding "What's It".
  • If a verified and referenced answer is not arrived at by the end of each month's "What's It" project, a random draw will be performed for a "One Year MWTCA Club Membership".
  • Only Patriot Woodworker's who participate in this "What's It" topic will be included in the random draw.

Ok ladies and gentlemen, we now have our "What's it" live and ready!

The image(s) below is a MWTCA "What's It" image for you to research, and tell us all here in this topic post, just what the heck is it!

Project Details

The information provided hereon is all the information that is provided, no further information on this item will be added.

716.jpg

716a.jpg

17 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Close, Dan.  For bull's nose rings. 

Not where I came from... the rings we used had a sharp point and were "simply" squeezed together by your hands.  A tool like this would be a lobotomy and nose ring in one!

I think they do have nose ring pliers today, but nothing like what our tool is this month.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/1/2019 at 7:33 PM, p_toad said:

You got other (important) things on your plate.   We can wait.  :Praise:

Thanks sir, feeling a tad perky today, must be the massive steroids I am on right now, I think I can get this taken care of today. Standby Patriot Woodworkers!:)

mwtca.gif

Winner

@Gene Howe has been selected as this months MWTCA Membership recipient.

Since an acceptable answer was never arrived at for this item, we went to random draw.

Award

Gene, for your participation you have won a Calendar Year membership into the MWTCA.

Please Private Message me your contact info, shipping address, spouse or significant others name (if applicable).

Thank you all for your participation!

Links

Gristmill Magazine Sample

the gristmill