Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Morris

Shaker Transitional Rocker Part 3 (Curly Maple)

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

John Morris -
John Morris -

Top Posters

21 hours ago, John Morris said:

So we are delayed a bit for the final finish and seat. Stay tuned!

I most certainly shall.  This has been a most excellent ride along.

Excellent work!  It's a shame we have to wait to see the weave, but, if you're gonna do it, you gotta do it right.  This is a fine example of doing it right.

3 hours ago, Thad said:

It's a shame we have to wait to see the weave, but, if you're gonna do it, you gotta do it right. 

Ya, the weave that showed up in my mail, did not look quite right, it was supposed to be a nice looking navy blue, but it turned out to look like a dark blue that was let out in the sun, faded, very strange. Right now there is a shortage on American Made shaker tape weave for seating, one of the only last American companies that make the weave is cutting down on production, and now we are getting "Made in China" weave. So I may have gotten some "Made in China" weave. It's sad, because this great American furniture style, that we try to historically reproduce, cannot be completely made with American materials, perhaps.

1 minute ago, Gene Howe said:

you did use a Japanese file, after all.

Ha! Ya I did didn't I Gene, ya got me! :lol:

@John Morris have you thought of checking with someone like Follansbee or some of the Ozarks crafts centers (there is one in North Arkansas)

10 hours ago, Gerald said:

@John Morris have you thought of checking with someone like Follansbee or some of the Ozarks crafts centers (there is one in North Arkansas)

I have not, but I will!