Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

HandyDan -
lew -

Top Posters

They are beautiful Dan. They are also a perfect example of what perseverance can do for an artist. Nice!!

You are doing a great job on these . I vote for brass but I am prejudice. What is the black material close to the point?

50 minutes ago, Gerald said:

What is the black material close to the point?

I make the pens utilizing the Zebra F-301 pen and the black part is part of the original pen.  The bullet shell is the only part that is not original to the pen.  The plunger and the nib are nickel plated brass.  I leave them as is for the nickel pens, sand the nickel off and polish the brass for the brass pens and do the same for the copper pens but then copper coat the brass.

DSC02529.JPG.921efe818ac2e3c031d1f5345e8d3876.JPG

Edited by HandyDan

55 minutes ago, Gerald said:

I vote for brass but I am prejudice.

I like the brass too.  Being the one that makes them the nickel pens get a close second since they are the easiest to make.