Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Morris

Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! May 20, 2019

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

John Morris -
Gene Howe -

Top Posters

Had errands to run so no shop time.  My only woodworking?  Burning a root I found that has some wicked fingers going everywhere.  Gave up on trying to cut it.  Drilled 47 holes, soaked with special blend and let it burn.  Can't be in my way if it is ash!!!  :D

No shop time, but a neighbor gave me a few dowels.  Win!  On the remainder of the weekend, got both lawns mowed, some bushes and overgrowth trimmed.  Took the grandchildren to the park both days and cooked meals for them as well as us.  Made 2 lasagnas which I didn't cook long enough but it was ok.  Today, went to the oral surgeon and they are debating whether to shave off the tops of the roots or extract and make a bridge.  Either way, it's gonna hurt the mouth and wallet.  Ugh!:unsure:

Arts Alive show over the weekend. After packing up at the end on Sunday, came home and fell in the recliner and didn’t move for a while. Monday we started on filling some orders from the show. My two sons got two Cedar Green Egg tables finished and I worked on engraving a couple of cutting boards.

Another cloudy, blustery day. Good day to be in the shop. But then, what day isn't?  Made some mistakes in my whiskey box prototype. Should just trash it. But, having too much fun fixing it. Found out the DW 735 with the Shelix head can plane walnut to a thickness of 3 playing cards. Great for filling the gaps in my mis cut box joints. But, I'll not be making it a normal practice. 

still hoping to get some mesquite cut today. Time will tell.

4 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Another cloudy, blustery day. Good day to be in the shop. But then, what day isn't?  Made some mistakes in my whiskey box prototype. Should just trash it. But, having too much fun fixing it. Found out the DW 735 with the Shelix head can plane walnut to a thickness of 3 playing cards. Great for filling the gaps in my mis cut box joints. But, I'll not be making it a normal practice. 

still hoping to get some mesquite cut today. Time will tell.

Bandsaw works good for those slivers too.

10 minutes ago, Gerald said:

10 minutes ago, Gerald said:

Bandsaw works good for those slivers too.

Not as uniform, though. At least not with my BS. I really wanted to see just how thin I could plane, anyway.