Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Ron Altier -
Gerald -

Top Posters

My wife has still got the one her dad used when he was a cotton ginner but it is plastic but does have the same type thermos.

I have a lunch box story also. In the early days of my job, everyone packed a lunch box and all were set in one place in a lunch room. There were many different kinds, from very old hand-me-downs, to the latest with the best stainless thermos bottles. One puzzled me. It was a full sized woven picnic basket. I was anxious to see who had it and what he had in something that large. Soon I got my answer and it was a surprise. He was one of the smallest guys there and his basket was FULL of sandwiches, fruit and desert. To my amazement.......he ate all of it, every day.

When I first started working at the base, I carried a couple sandwiches and a ziploc bag in a paper lunch sack.  I weighed all of 125 pounds.  After my wife started packing leftovers in a lunchmate, I began to gain weight.  35 years later, I weighed 175 pounds carrying the same 2 sandwiches, a few chips, and a cookie or 2 she made.  Now after 15 years retirement, I am trying to get back down to that 175 pounds.  

11 minutes ago, FlGatorwood said:

When I first started working at the base, I carried a couple sandwiches and a ziploc bag in a paper lunch sack.  I weighed all of 125 pounds.  After my wife started packing leftovers in a lunchmate, I began to gain weight.  35 years later, I weighed 175 pounds carrying the same 2 sandwiches, a few chips, and a cookie or 2 she made.  Now after 15 years retirement, I am trying to get back down to that 175 pounds.  

Good luck on that . I have added 20 since I retired 6 years ago and added way too much over the holidays which never dropped off this time as it usually does.