Set of hot plates / trivets

aj43

Al, having a daughter in college myself, I understand how wonderful it is for these kids to have something from home, specially something like this from Grandpa.

Especially the "Hot Stuff", that is so retro college, her friends will get a big kick as well!

I did not know GF would hold up to heat like you stated, that is really good to know, I'll keep that bit of knowledge on the sidelines when needed, thanks!

Lew,  I originally went with the Arm-R-Seal because of a series of tests performed by someone on another forum who does a lot of finishing. My own experience has been similar. I also did my own spot test when I was making my first trivets several years ago - I placed a single sheet of typing paper on top of the trivet, then held an iron at its hottest setting on top of the paper for 2 minutes (far worse treatment than a trivet would normally receive). Results: slight scorch to the paper; no softening, scorching, or other damage to the trivet's wood (poplar) or its finish. I have kept track of a number of my trivets and five years later they are all in remarkably good shape. Even normal wear-and-tear abrasion from usage has been minimal. If I can find the original test review I will pass it along to you.

1 hour ago, Ron Dudelston said:

Outstanding!  I love the font.

The font and text were laid out probably 15+ years ago. I don't remember where I found the font. I suspect it was traced from one of Wayne Martin's chip carving books. I'll look around.

Yes, for all the years I spent publishing materials for the school where I worked, I quickly get bored with the mundane standard type faces. Eye catching typography draws you in and helps get the message across.