Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Morris

Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! May 6, 2019

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

John Morris -
Gerald -

Top Posters

@Gene Howe hey all shop time is good time. From sweeping to vacuuming to reorganizing . Now the real fun is burning the scrapes and rejects. Burned a barrel full last night . Hey it went down to 73 and was soooo cold. Got another barrel and will probably have 3 or 4 more before project is over.

Had a great weekend doing second turn on one of my reject offering plates, too small and too much bark to turn off. trying to talk pastor into using a clear finish so this one is ready for Watco finish.

Totally agree, @Gerald. Heaven better have a decent shop or, I'm leaving. 

Have you ever tried polishing Watco on the lathe after it has dried a little? Wondering what the friction heat would do. Probably better on a spindle, though.

Still burning this 36 inch wide stump.  Just about done, few more nightly sessions.

2 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Totally agree, @Gerald. Heaven better have a decent shop or, I'm leaving. 

Have you ever tried polishing Watco on the lathe after it has dried a little? Wondering what the friction heat would do. Probably better on a spindle, though.

I do not do that on lathe . I do use the Beall buff system on a old Sears sander motor. To answer yes the Watco buffs up very nicely and after going thru white diamond I use Renaissance Wax.