Rustic Cherry Band Saw Box

Rate this topic

55 minutes ago, Gerald said:

Herb that is a great tutorial . Now I have a question from my turning experience I know the log was not dry, so as the wood and especially the drawer dry . How does that affect the integrity of the piece ? 

HAHAHAHA, I just knew you were going to ask that, Gerald.

You are right, I don't know. This was an experiment to see what will happen as it drys out. I soaked it inside and out with shellac to slow down the drying, I have some more blocks waiting, I will paint the ends tomorrow and set them aside. I want to see if the bark comes loose too.

Herb

1 hour ago, Artie said:

Till you put the legs on it. I thought you were building a hide-a-key box. Buying cherry as firewood, and making cool stuff out of it seems like cheating LOL. Be interesting (and educational for me) to see how it dries out. thanks.

A friend of mine had some dumped in his driveway,but he doesn't burn wood  and asked me if I wanted some. I picked out 3 pieces to fool around with. You are right about the hide a key, a good place to hide the house key on the back porch.

Herb

Edited by Dadio
  • 5 months later...