Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! April 22, 2019

1 hour ago, lew said:

Well I got the first of 2 shingles shot. Arm is almost as sore as those days in boot camp where you walked gauntlet of corpsmen shooting you from both sides. Comcast tech was here on time and checked the cable speed. Bad news is that it wasn't the cable. Good news is the DOCSIS 3.1 router will be here next week.

My arm was noticeably sore for about 3 days on both shots

Herb

1 hour ago, Gene Howe said:

I feel cheated. I only got one shot for shingles. And, never got sore.

I did to in 2013, but this one is for a new strain of shingles, and it is so potent they have to divide it into 2 shots, my Dr. said. Also it is 95-99% effective where as the one I had before was only 35%-65% effective. Another odd thing is that the Doctors don't give it, they tell you to get it, but the Pharmacies are the ones giving the shot here.

After all the shot guns at Great Mistakes, I think I've had enough shots for my life.  When I was going to the VA, they gave me a shingle and pneumonia shot.  Reminded me of basic training at the Lakes.  Took our grandson to the health department the other day for his boosters plus the HPV shot.  That shot is a long needle and it is intramuscular so it was sore for a few days.  Looking forward to my fasting labs in about 2 months.  That's always a joy.  Go by Hardee's and pick up breakfast, take it to the labs with me and once they are finished sucking out all the good juice, I chow down.  LOL   

• 2 months later...
On 4/22/2019 at 12:40 PM, Dadio said:

WOW, I love the wine box, Gene.

@Dale Felice  Dale that is fantastic carving, your painting skills are second to none too.

The layout is so realistic,like an aquarium scene. A Brown, a Brook/Dolly and a Rainbow, and the fly ,Absolutely fabulous.

Herb

Thank you!! Havent been on much. But I will be soon. Was in the va hospital for a while.  I'm ok just going through a lot.  Time to post what I've done as of late. Its unreal. I did a championship and did really well so stay tuned!

Edited by Dale Felice