Is it me or does that look like woodwork holes

So I was working on this mahogany when I took a break and noticed these lovely holes. I don’t remember them being here a few days ago. I put a poker in there and nothing came back. The garage is full of pine right now and the only hardwood is the turning blanks. Anyone have any idea what it is? Digging through google images and it looks like woodworm holes but cause the internet never lies I though I would ask people that know more then me. Which is very very very little. Trust me the nine year old is smarter then me and I’ll be honest more handsome to boot.

image.jpg

Strange the different sizes.  The last time I stuffed a hole, I thought it was 3/8" but it may have been 1/2".  It's the perfect size.  Anyway, try a couple sizes of dowels and see if they fit.  If they do, they are most likely carpenter bees.  I place green stuff in a large trash can with the lid closed.  

10 hours ago, Dadio said:

Cut it in half and see what it looks like inside. I hope you don't have them in your shop, they can ruin a lot of lumber. Sometimes it happens if green lumber is brought into a shop to dry, the critters go from it into the pile of good wood.

@Gerald the ones here are 1/4" bees.

Herb

That would be it then. Had some green wood in the shop while I was waiting on the new fence to get put in. It’s install and the wood is out back now. I’ll look up some spray to kill them.

Thank you everyone for the help I’ll let you know how it goes in a couple of days. 

We have a winner and we were all wrong it’s powderpost beetles. The variety that does not care if it’s hard or softwood. Been clearing the shop out the past couple of days and finally found one. Already got the infested wood out and borecare arrives in the morning. Considering all the untreated lumber is in the garage it sucks but it’s a finished garage....not sure that’s going to help but at least I know where to spray now. No signs of them in the house thank god.