Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Mijohnson1984

New to woodworking

Rate this topic

Hi my name is Matthew and recent started to pick up woodworking. I’ve done small projects off and on for years but never tried to really go that deep into it because of deployments and military life. But now I have the time to really get into it.  Woodturning is extremely brand new to me. Just picked up my first lathe maybe 2 or 3 months ago. I have two kids and a wife that thinks I’m only slightly off my rocker when it comes to this hobby. Was in the army for 8 years and then went into the oil afterwards. Other then that nothing else super interesting about me. 

Thanks for your service Matt...

not only that, welcome Matt.. yur gonna love this new home of yours...

all in all yur in good company..

there's some brilliant talent in the turning forum that's cake and pie to tap into...

speaking of cake and pie..

did you bring the donuts???

strudel perhaps???

Edited by Stick486

Matthew, once again welcome to your new community, we are just folk here and welcome all levels of work and skill, we are all learning, sharing and helping each other out on this wonderful ride of woodworking.

Make yourself at home, thank you for your 8 years of service to our nation, and now, what do you do in oil?

I was a derrickman for a few years before I got laid off now I’m a bum on fort couch while I go to school. 

Welcome aboard, you service is appreciated here!!  Plenty of talent and experience here.  

Now about eating the donuts before sharing, that's going to get some people upset.....:throbbinghead:

Welcome aboard Matthew, glad to have you here.  Please post up pics of your work, we all like to see pictures!

I'll skip on the donut this morning, I see a pie in my future...

1 minute ago, Cal said:

I see a pie in my future...

I get to vend the tickets...

when Schnooge finds out you absconded w/ the pie ... this should get interesting...

7 hours ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

Now about eating the donuts before sharing, that's going to get some people upset....

they can have my share...

9 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

I get to vend the tickets...

when Schnooge finds out you absconded w/ the pie ... this should get interesting...

th.jpg

9 minutes ago, Cal said:

th.jpg

he's sneaky ya know...

2 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Welcome, Matt. Whatcha schoolin in? 

Obviously, sarcasm! Based on the fact that, he's "I’m a bum on fort couch":ROFL:

It is getting deep in "Sweet World" here so let me say Welcome and ask all the questions you want.

Just now, Mijohnson1984 said:

I though I had replied to you. Sorry it took so long but I’m in a BFA in computer animation program. Yea I have no idea how I got there either. Going from army/roughneck to a fine art degree....totally two different worlds. 

Hi and welcome, appreciate your service and thank you. I’m fairly new to WW’ing, and the forum. Great bunch of people here, and if they don’t know it, it’s unknown.