Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

@johnmorris

Did I miss something, an announcement or such?

Formerly when I was signed in my name appeared in the upper left (round about the header/banner of TPW.) Now nothing, no way to identify quickly that I'm signed in.

Also when I addressed this post to you (@johnmorris) I got a drop down that gave a partial list of "john" w/o the ability to scroll down & find you.!?!?

Did I fall asleep & wake up late to the game?

Also the upper right of the banner has changed & when I scroll down to the bottom of the page I don't get a listing of the forums.

Confused--as usual.

smitty 

Smitty, if you could please shoot us a screen shot of what your seeing as far your missing name, that is indeed perplexing.

As far as @johnmorris you won't find anything, but you will with @John Morris.

The bottom was eliminated for now due to resource limitations, seem that lower page area where all the forums were listed and recent topics and forum hosts etc, was gobbling up memory, as a result of hiding it for now, the website is much faster while browsing, you may have notices perhaps.

Everything is full speed ahead as far as our community, what I am concerned with most is you are not seeing your account at the upper left corner, a screen shot would be great. Thanks @smitty10101!

@smitty10101, also I addressed one of your concerns at this topic you posted

I agree with your observation that the drop down link for Forums was confusing, and I made it just "Forums" with no drop down, I think it's a step in the right direction.

The items that were in the "Forums" dropdown are now in the "Browse" drop down along with a few other items such as "Gallery", to consolidate the nav bar for smaller screens as many of our items were ending up in the "More" nav. I don't like the "More" nav.

Hope this helps a little.

I'll need a little time to get the screen shot to you

Wife wants to spend my money

smitty

ok John let's see if I can do this!!??image.png.77de6961d582a2f84dfbd3607f7b32b5.png

1st off I'm using Win10

2nd in the above screenshot in the upper left I use to see "smitty10101" showing that I was signed in where "the patriot's pulse" is

3rd on the same banner now shows 7 icons

Before I lose this I'll send it to you

more to follow

smitty

"@John" gives a drop down with 7(?) names & no way to continue down.

If you know the name of the member that you sending the message to then you just continue to type---but if you don't then you're screwed (frustrated)

On a side note ---on the left there is (for me) members & underneath a plus sign (+) & the # 155-- members reputation. The question is how does one 

a) either increase that # or

b) give a reputation to another member?

As you can tell I'm really a genius with computers & software---yeah right.

smitty

Edited by smitty10101
add'l wording

5 hours ago, smitty10101 said:

"@John" gives a drop down with 7(?) names & no way to continue down.

so continue typing the screen name..

when it shows up in the list click on it and the hit the space bar...

carry on w/ what you were doing...

@John Morris @smitty10101

but if you don't then you're screwed (frustrated

use the quote tab in their post...

The question is how does one 

a) either increase that #

other members click on the heart in the lower right hand corner of your post...

The question is how does one

b) give a reputation to another member?

use the heart in the lower right hand corner of their post...

Edited by Stick486

As you can tell I'm really a genius with computers & software---yeah right.

Your doing fine Smitty, we are all in this together sir.

Stick made some great suggestions above.

Ok got the suggestions from Stick.

As I understood, previously, that the heart was a "like" button---as in I liked the content of that particular message/reply that I was liking.

To me the is a huge difference between a reputation & a like---probably a holdover from the business world.

Also still don't fully grasp the loss of the acknowledgement of being signed in, only because it avoids trying to do a message and then find out that you need to sign in. BUT--- I do like the fact that you can readily see what forum you're looking at.

I'll be exploring the upper right of the toolbar in time. It takes me a while to warm up to change. I'm a great fan of the status quo, especially with software.

As I'm typing this there is a small red dot to the lower right of the message window that changes #s and/or pinwheels. When you hover on it you get various options. Is this just me??? b/c it appears to be related to "GRAMMARLY" the spell check that I use. Or did TPW also start using Grammarly?

30 minutes ago, smitty10101 said:

Ok got the suggestions from Stick.

I have others...

to get that quote from all that was written I just highlighted it and then clicked on  ''quote selection''

ScreenShot007.jpg.fe102293d84cf060dab561c95db31606.jpg

48 minutes ago, smitty10101 said:

Also still don't fully grasp the loss of the acknowledgement of being signed in

but you are..

your screen should look like this in the upper left hand corner...

only it should say smitty10101 and not Stick486

ScreenShot009.jpg.c32ef46d8e4ff5be8a7d2fedf1382ca2.jpg

52 minutes ago, smitty10101 said:

there is a small red dot to the lower right of the message window that changes #s and/or pinwheels.

that I don't see..