Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

We have a grand daughter who carries an eppie shot just in case she eats something with a tree nut or trace of it.  And, the danged shots are terribly expensive.  So, she is always asking what is in the food.  And, denying herself of some savory food.  It's a PITA, folks.  :P

I'm with ya Steve. Our grandson has a peanut allergy, plus several more that affect him much less severely. Gramma and I have administered the eppie pen twice. As per his parents instructions, both time necessitated trips to the ER. He can have any other nut, but not peanuts. Camp fires are verboten also. 

How old is your granddaughter? Our grandson is 13. We're all hoping he'll grow out of it. 

She is 6.  We, too, hope she outgrows it.  Imagine all the donuts, ice cream and pies and cakes with nuts.  She is allergic to tree nuts.  We went out to a Mexican restaurant one night and one of the hostesses, purchased some peanut M&M's for her and she couldn't have them.  Bummer.  She has learned to ask and so have the parents.  I hope your grandson outgrows his allergy.  What a pain!!!!! And, it is expensive life to pay for those pens.  

14 hours ago, FlGatorwood said:

She is 6.  We, too, hope she outgrows it.  Imagine all the donuts, ice cream and pies and cakes with nuts.  She is allergic to tree nuts.  We went out to a Mexican restaurant one night and one of the hostesses, purchased some peanut M&M's for her and she couldn't have them.  Bummer.  She has learned to ask and so have the parents.  I hope your grandson outgrows his allergy.  What a pain!!!!! And, it is expensive life to pay for those pens.  

Luckily, his dad is retired military. Not sure, but I think they get a break on the pens at the base pharmacy. 

Let us hope on his income, it would be rather expensive.  I know the dang VA won't help many of us who served in war, so I have Medicare and great insurance as a supplement.  I can go to a doctor, but my meds cost through the roof.  I am thankful that I don't have to deal with it on a personal level.  And, I feel the pain of those who have no insurance getting necessary meds because of chronic conditions.  Let's hope the military folks get some help with cost of their meds.  

Guess I hit it lucky. Got signed up with the VA about 28 years ago. Before Clinton's income restrictions came about. I have 5 RXs that they now provide for me. They require two physicals per year to maintain the prescriptions. The VA has treated me well. No complaints. 

I drove through southern MS and LA last month.   Three out of four highway billboards were for personal injury lawyers.   Sometimes 2 or 3 in a row by the same one.   We have some of that here, but no where near that much.   But the ads are regularly on local TV  news.  My favorite is "Don't call the ambulance chasers, call us for your injury cases."

A couple summers ago, I got side-swiped and totaled out my car.   I had lawyers offices coming to the door and sending me lots of mail.

15 hours ago, kmealy said:

I drove through southern MS and LA last month.   Three out of four highway billboards were for personal injury lawyers.   Sometimes 2 or 3 in a row by the same one.   We have some of that here, but no where near that much.   But the ads are regularly on local TV  news.  My favorite is "Don't call the ambulance chasers, call us for your injury cases."

A couple summers ago, I got side-swiped and totaled out my car.   I had lawyers offices coming to the door and sending me lots of mail.

You should watch the TV for a few hours.  They are all over daytime local channels.  I used to have a higher respect for lawyers.  Enough said.