Flour label

Ron Altier

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a grand daughter who carries an eppie shot just in case she eats something with a tree nut or trace of it.  And, the danged shots are terribly expensive.  So, she is always asking what is in the food.  And, denying herself of some savory food.  It's a PITA, folks.  :P

I'm with ya Steve. Our grandson has a peanut allergy, plus several more that affect him much less severely. Gramma and I have administered the eppie pen twice. As per his parents instructions, both time necessitated trips to the ER. He can have any other nut, but not peanuts. Camp fires are verboten also. 

How old is your granddaughter? Our grandson is 13. We're all hoping he'll grow out of it. 

She is 6.  We, too, hope she outgrows it.  Imagine all the donuts, ice cream and pies and cakes with nuts.  She is allergic to tree nuts.  We went out to a Mexican restaurant one night and one of the hostesses, purchased some peanut M&M's for her and she couldn't have them.  Bummer.  She has learned to ask and so have the parents.  I hope your grandson outgrows his allergy.  What a pain!!!!! And, it is expensive life to pay for those pens.  

Archived