Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
smitty10101

cannot delete quote in reply & emoji (Resolved)

When I go to reply to a thread & quote someone & then change my mind

1) I'm having trouble deleting the quote part. I can erase the quoted wording but the header remains.

2) even if I close out of TPW and go back to the reply the quote header is still there.

A different "problem"  in the above message I was trying to use capital letters instead of the numbers 1 & 2.

It will take the capital "a" with the closed parentheses {A)} but when I use the capital letter 'b"  with the closed parentheses the keystrokes give back an emoji.

smitty 

Capital b and closed parentheses gives  B) 

Edited by smitty10101
add'l wording

Smitty, I have had that issue in the past as well, what I have done is put my cursor below the header quote box, and backspace, it should go away.

The emoji, each emoji also has key strokes in order to create an emoji, that's just the way they are, and the b with closed parenthesis creates that specific emoji.

What I would do in the emoji case is use the number list or bullet points offered in the editor, much easier and faster too. If you are creating a numbered list, for the first item in the list click on the numbered list icon in the editor, then all you have to do is type your list, then enter, list then enter and the numbers automatically appear, same with the bullet points.

One last point, back to the quote box, if you change your mind and decide not to post, if you are not already doing it, try to use the "Cancel" red button, that seems to work pretty good for clearing things out.

12 hours ago, John Morris said:

try to use the "Cancel" red button, that seems to work pretty good for clearing things out.

Tried it---nope! didn't do it

see my other post today on 110/220 volt thread.   can't(couldn't) get rid of the second quote & that was after several shutdowns & about 24 hrs lapse.

Edited by smitty10101

14 hours ago, Stick486 said:

CTRL+A > ENTER

Gives me what???

21 minutes ago, smitty10101 said:

Tried it---nope! didn't do it

see my other post today on 110/220 volt thread.   can't(couldn't) get rid of the second quote & that was after several shutdowns & about 24 hrs lapse.

Smitty, just curious, those two quotes are from Ducksoup, from different posting times so the double quoting isn't in error, you are quoting two different posts, I am only asking this to try and understand our users so we can help solve the issue, why are you quoting two different posts then decide not too? Remember, just trying to understand our users is all, not a criticism! :)

couldn't get rid of the 2nd quote.

Initially was going to reply to Ducksoup but changed my mind after trying to delete some of his wordage but then couldn't get rid of what remained.

BTW I'm WAAAAY to thick skinned so you don't have to worry about criticizing me and/or straightening my wig when necessary.

smitty

Edited by smitty10101
spelling

20 minutes ago, smitty10101 said:

couldn't get rid of the 2nd quote.

Initially was going to reply to Ducksoup but changed my mind after trying to delete some of his wordage but then couldn't get rid of what remained.

BTW I'm WAAAAY to thick skinned so you don't have to worry about criticizing me and/or straightening my wig when necessary.

smitty

Thanks Smitty. Let me look into the issue, I'll see what I can figure out, at a minimum you should be able to delete the quote box.

@John Morris

I think I finally got rid of the 2nd quote bar. I spent some time fiddling with the box & cursor placement & hitting the cancel button.

Looks like it went away. PLEASE don't ask me to recall the steps---I basically reread your suggestion & fiddled around.

Sorry, I can't be of more help. I do appreciate your help in solving it though.

smitty  

36 minutes ago, smitty10101 said:

@John Morris

I think I finally got rid of the 2nd quote bar. I spent some time fiddling with the box & cursor placement & hitting the cancel button.

Looks like it went away. PLEASE don't ask me to recall the steps---I basically reread your suggestion & fiddled around.

Sorry, I can't be of more help. I do appreciate your help in solving it though.

smitty  

No problems Smitty, I most certainly won't ask how you did it, as long as you know how to deal with it then life is good. Our forum software is very sophisticated, but at the same time easy to use, pretty intuitive, with all that technology though, comes nuances that we just learn to live with, as long as we remember that imperfect humans developed this software, then we realize, our software is far from perfect, but we strive!

Thanks again Smitty for checking back, appreciate it much.

4 hours ago, John Morris said:

No problems Smitty, I most certainly won't ask how you did it, as long as you know how to deal with it then life is good. Our forum software is very sophisticated, but at the same time easy to use, pretty intuitive, with all that technology though, comes nuances that we just learn to live with, as long as we remember that imperfect humans developed this software, then we realize, our software is far from perfect, but we strive!

Thanks again Smitty for checking back, appreciate it much.

...totally, unacceptable! :throbbinghead:

@smitty10101, I just had a big "Duh" moment with the quote issue, you can easily remove the unwanted quotes by the "undo or redo" icons in the editing bar, they are just to the left of the "Font" dropdown feature.