Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Warped & Twisted

You all like snakes

WTB a rodent or rabbit just don't exists on that property...

Just now, Stick486 said:

WTB a rodent or rabbit just don't exists on that property...

No BET.,

IMG_1056.jpg.e72647a8b1389e60aee77de8634a35ad.jpg

11 hours ago, Warped & Twisted said:

You can have mine. We got no snakes in Alaska. Just the way I like it. 

You don't have snow snakes on the roads up there ?      (for the banana belt people like Stick, a light dry snow will form into a tube shape behind a vehicle  and squirm across the road )   Roly

10 hours ago, HandyDan said:

I like snakes and used to look for them as a youngster but 45 rattlers under the house would be a bit much.

I agree. I would relocate the buzzies to a safe area and put some sort of buzzie-proof guard around the house to prevent further encampment. 

1 hour ago, Gene Howe said:

It's true that Alaska has no snakes but, they got ice worms, though. :BugEyeSmiley:

and skeeters...

Hat, like you, in the early '60s we used to catch them and sell them to the U of AZ. They were developing an anti venom serum, back then. They paid us $.50 also. Kept us in beer money. Ballantine was $.99 a six pack in them days. 

More recently, we have a steel shed for storing our travel trailer. It had a dirt floor and we laid plywood down to park on. On occasion, I'd need something we'd stored out there. On one such occasion, I opened the man door and saw a rattler curled up in the corner. She stayed around for two years. Named her Rosie. We used to have some interesting conversations. When we pulled the trailer out, it became obvious why Rosie was there. Mice had made huge nests under the plywood. A year or so later, we poured a slab. Rosie left. But, her kin are still around. Drives the dog nuts until I relocate them.