Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

The Patriot Woodworkers with Operation Ward 57 Adopt a Wounded Warrior Family for the Holidays - 2019 project is live, please click on link to view our very special annual project.

lew

Wednesday's Wisdom For Woodturners March 20, 2019

Rate this topic

@Woodbutcherbynight Thanks! Looking forward to seeing the finished goblet!!

@HandyDan Thank You! Those pens are awesome!

@Steve Krumanaker Thanks! Yes, that's the rotten elm branch. Gotta be at least a gallon of CA on it and was on and off the lathe countless times. Invested too much time and thought to just chuck it.

@John Morris Thank You! That's mine from a rotten elm tree branch that came down this winter.

@Jim from Easy Wood Tools Thanks! I think that's a beauty, too!

Hey Lew...   BTW, I'll be the guy doing the turning demo all day long.  So if you should stop in I guarantee a friendly handshake, and maybe a tee shirt, but don't expect to learn anything new about turning.  ;o)  My demos are for newbies   haha

1 hour ago, Jim from Easy Wood Tools said:

Hey Lew...   BTW, I'll be the guy doing the turning demo all day long.  So if you should stop in I guarantee a friendly handshake, and maybe a tee shirt, but don't expect to learn anything new about turning.  ;o)  My demos are for newbies   haha

I'd LOVE to be there a little bit of a drive for me.

2 hours ago, lew said:

I'd LOVE to be there a little bit of a drive for me.

Ah, but to get to see Jim, the beautiful countryside and, a trip down the Bourbon trail. It would be well worth the drive. And, ya only live once. 

Finally got to the lathe.  Made a goblet for my friend.  His wife dropped the last one and shattered the glass.  Thinking it could not be repaired she tossed it.  Then told him about it two months later.  Have to get some glasses tomorrow so I can set in place with silicone.

IMG_0834.JPG.b2bd3743937afa52edf8233dab632731.JPG

9 hours ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

Finally got to the lathe.  Made a goblet for my friend.  His wife dropped the last one and shattered the glass.  Thinking it could not be repaired she tossed it.  Then told him about it two months later.  Have to get some glasses tomorrow so I can set in place with silicone.

IMG_0834.JPG.b2bd3743937afa52edf8233dab632731.JPG

Beautiful! Love the combination of woods!