Friday, March 15, 2019, What's on your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

John Moody

This week has mostly been a week of cleaning are reorganizing the shop. We have moved most everything that was in the back of the shop to the front, and what was in the front to the back. Trying to improve our work flow through the shop. Wow what a mess I have made. 

Saturday we are going to Nashville, my CNC came in Monday but haven't had time to make the run up there. The new CNC is part of the reason for the shop rearrangement and should work a lot better.

I am also running some new ductwork for my DC

Thanks for all of your wonderful birthday wishes. I have reached the magic 65 number and still going strongly.

So what's on your agenda for this St. Patrick's day weekend? Hope the weather is better and warming up so you can get in the shop. Post your pictures and share with us your weekend projects.

Whatever you are doing this weekend, have fun and be safe!

@Charles Nicholls - so, how much money do you reckon you have in that one pen?  Very cool piece for sure, and a good conversation starter;)

@Ron Dudelston - pics required after the finish is applied, but then you knew that.  Nice piece.

@kmealy - glad you got to see the play before leaving on your trip.  While I know it was a lot of work for you to do the set, the real work was done by your granddaughters and the rest of the cast.  What a feeling of accomplishment they must have right now:Praise:

I finished up laying subfloor yesterday in the small room off the kitchen area and sat down to really sketch to scale new kitchen cabinetry.  When the wife got home we went over what I had been working on.

Today we are both heading to Atlanta.  Plan to spend a few hours at the Wood show, been a few years since I've gone, and it is in new space (for me).  After that I want to go to Ikea.  Not to buy anything, but to look at their kitchen layouts and cabinets for ideas we might want to incorporate or to say definitely no to.  And home before dark, at least that's the plan.

See y'all on the flip side.

14 hours ago, Charles Nicholls said:

Pens, pens, and more pens! I am up to my eyeballs in pens! 🤣 Such a happy problem to have 🤣. Thanks to Mr Morris!

Heres a couple of recent ones.

The multicolor brown one I don’t know what wood it is but it has a CA finish, the green one is a shredded money pen in green acrylester, and the dark brown one is Cocobolo, with a wax finish. 

All 3 are of the Sierra style. 

Mr Moody, I am looking forward to updates with the new CNC machine. That is one item I wanna have too, but really don’t have any room for, And before I get a CNC machine, I would be better off spending money on a stabilizing system.

Everyone have a safe weekend, and post those pics. 😊

7B12343D-C3C9-4490-B5F7-BE42DCFC5F29.jpeg

C37FC7D6-6C06-4A62-BA82-BC5EA5D90338.jpeg

5E0B0C03-44EA-4557-AAE8-21FE100B87CF.jpeg

Mighty fine pens, Charles. 

have you considered Cactus Juice and a pressure pot? HF has a paint pot that's easily converted. Lots of you tube vidios on the conversion. You do need a compressor, though.

After this past week with both grand-daughters & my wife battling through intestinal demonic exorcisms, looking for a quiet weekend. Grandkids at their dads today through tomorrow afternoon. Wife, daughter & I have been invited to dinner tonight by friends from church.

Maybe some garage time tomorrow after church & errands if weather forecast holds true. I'd planned watching the Big 10 Basketball tourney semi & finals, but both IU & Purdue were one and done so...

Still far too muddy to work in the yard and such.