Buck Plane

oldwoodie

I am waiting on my new Buck brand wood plane to arrive. I couldn't pass it up for $20.00! I have one already, but thought I could display this one since it still has the box, and I need to build a larger showcase anyway. Got a few more than 20 assorted: Baileys, Stanley Baileys, Fulton, Craftsman, a Defiance model egg beater with all the bits, a Stanley label scraper, some Stanley #80 and #81's. Everything is cleaned up and sharpened, and ready to use. Oh yeah, about 10 low angle Stanleys and Craftsmans too!

Question: Is Buck still in business? 

I have one old Buck Bros, 1/2", socket handle chisel. It works well, holds an edge well and is a good tool. As for their current line, pretty mixed reviews especially on the planes. From just a little searching it looks like HD/BORG is the exclusive re-seller. I couldn't find much at all on the inter-web about Buck Bros. Tool Company. IIRC, reading somewhere their current line of hand planes are imported. Their current wood chisels and carving chisels are still made in the U.S. but where, IDK.