Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Dear folks, help us raise funding for our community directly. And in the process you'll have a chance to win some terrific tools donated by our sponsors!  Read More...

Rate this topic

I made this windmill about a year ago. I used an in line skate roller with ball bearings for the center hub. About a week ago I looked out and it was gone. I found the parts scattered in my neighbors yard. We had some wind gusts over 50 mph and I figure something let loose and it flew apart. So I gathered up pieces and saved what I could. Today I reassembled it and strengthened it at the weak points. Next step it to put a tiny generator on it to light a light, any ideas where to find one? Each vane is about 8" long

fullsizeoutput_bcf.jpeg

23 hours ago, Ron Altier said:

We had some wind gusts over 50 mph and I figure something let loose and it flew apart.

Better tie 'er down Ron based on the weather report I just read. Denver could see the equivalent of Cat 2 hurricane wind gusts with sustained 60-70 mph. It's going to be a rocky ride for you the next 48 hours. Keep us posted

1 hour ago, Gene Howe said:

Ouch!

Could break a record for the lowest barometric pressure ever...somewhere between 975-970 mBar. Lowest on record for Denver is 975.8 mBar.

Add to that up to a foot of snowfall is going to make this a very dangerous storm.

Hope Ron and @Stick486 keep us posted. Maintaining electricity is going to be a challenge.